Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do. I got a really disappointing UKCAT score (2250) and my GCSES are very average (1A*, 8As, 1C) so I don't think there is ANY medical school which will take me and I have no idea what four to apply to as I'm in the bottom 10% of UKCAT scores so most will just exclude me straight away. Please help, any suggestions of what unis to apply to , already know I'm applying to Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    E.g. BSMS and Imperial are options because they mainly look at your BMAT (obviously you'd have to work really hard to get a good score). Exeter mainly looks at your A2 predictions so that's an option too if yours are brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StationToStation)
    E.g. BSMS and Imperial are options because they mainly look at your BMAT (obviously you'd have to work really hard to get a good score). Exeter mainly looks at your A2 predictions so that's an option too if yours are brilliant.
    Exeter has a ukcat cut off which you will likely not make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nlo123)
    I don't know what to do. I got a really disappointing UKCAT score (2250) and my GCSES are very average (1A*, 8As, 1C) so I don't think there is ANY medical school which will take me and I have no idea what four to apply to as I'm in the bottom 10% of UKCAT scores so most will just exclude me straight away. Please help, any suggestions of what unis to apply to , already know I'm applying to Bristol.

You could apply to Birmingham, Bristol, Brighton and Sussex Medical School and consider unis that use BMAT ( although limit it to 2 choices, because you won't get your BMAT grades right away)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riya027)
    You could apply to Birmingham, Bristol, Brighton and Sussex Medical School and consider unis that use BMAT ( although limit it to 2 choices, because you won't get your BMAT grades right away)
    You can use the offer calculator on Birmingham's website, but I don't think your ukcat and gcses are strong enough to reach 7.0

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.