Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I am hoping to join the RAF. I recently found that I couldn't continue my application as an Avionics Technician due to colour blindness, one of the few roles left that interests me and I'm still eligible for is "Biomedical Scientist". However I have a lack of experience/knowledge in the subject and part of the training is a 3 year degree in Biomedical Science at a nearby university. I don't have any science related A levels, so I'm not sure if I'd be totally out of my depth in studying this and would find it way too hard? I have the entry grades needed as it's through the RAF. But am not sure if it's for me? Any advice/help would be appreciated?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it. They'll bring you up to scratch.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just dunno if I'll struggle with the degree having very little chemistry/biology knowledge

ReputationRep:
    Bump

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.