Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which unis should I apply to? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got 8A*s plus additional maths and English language at an A at GCSE. Predicted 4 A*s but not a fantastic UKCAT score I got 630 on VR, 720 on DM, 670 on QR and 580 on AR, also band 2 in situational judgement. This is still quite good, it just about puts me in the 6th decile but I know some unis are very hot on the UKCAT. My dream is to get into Oxford but I know I probably don't have a very good chance. I would like to go to a city university as opposed to campus. Anyone know where I should apply?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely consider Cardiff and Birmingham (GCSEs). You might also consider Exeter although I'm not hot about their cutoff score for ukcat (Good Predicted). Other options might include Leicester and Queen's Belfast. With a good personal statement, try Bristol and Keele (though it is considered a lottery). With your excellent prediction and GCSEs, you definitely have a chance at Oxford with a good personal statement, good BMAT results and interview skills.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.