Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 8A*s plus additional maths and English language at an A at GCSE. Predicted 4 A*s at A-level. Do I have a genuine chance at getting into Oxford for medicine? Anyone here got in with these grades? Having looked at the statistics it seems unlikely, but at my school 9 GCSEs was the number everyone had to do, and my parents would not let me take others like latin...:'(
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by krosieha)
    I got 8A*s plus additional maths and English language at an A at GCSE. Predicted 4 A*s at A-level. Do I have a genuine chance at getting into Oxford for medicine? Anyone here got in with these grades? Having looked at the statistics it seems unlikely, but at my school 9 GCSEs was the number everyone had to do, and my parents would not let me take others like latin...:'(
    Yes you have a chance

ReputationRep:

What a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I think you're a few A*'s short. Do 10 more A levels and you might just make it.

ReputationRep:
    They start caring more abt interviews/statements at a certain point

ReputationRep:
    Ahahaha only 4 A-levels smh. You need minimum of 8A* at A-level to even get your personal statement to be read

Spoiler:
    Show

Just joking, just make sure you do lots of work experience and extra curricular stuff as well

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding me? You're exactly what they're looking for, why is there always a thread with a someone moaning all their a*'s aren't good enough? - probably a troll tbf
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It depends on how well you think you can do at the BMAT, how good you assess your chances at other unis and how much you want to go to Oxford. Remember that whilst your chances are probably something like 1 in 10-15, the average chance for any applicant applying to any med school is about 1 in 8, so that's not far off.

(Original post by Harold Saxon)
    Are you kidding me? You're exactly what they're looking for, why is there always a thread with a someone moaning all their a*'s aren't good enough? - probably a troll tbf
    Their GCSEs are weak for an Oxford medicine applicant and their chances will suffer as a result. Look below

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.