Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I’m currently in year 13 and I’m hoping to study psychology at uni next year. However the problem is that I still haven’t found any work experience. Where/what would be a suitable place to work
    Many thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do some charity volunteering or try out at a creche, charities are always looking for volunteers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah631118)
    Hello I’m currently in year 13 and I’m hoping to study psychology at uni next year. However the problem is that I still haven’t found any work experience. Where/what would be a suitable place to work
    Many thanks
    Voluntary work as a Youth Support Worker.

Community service volunteering

Voluntary work with people with disabilities / learning difficulties. The best way to find this work experience is by contacting schools in the local area.

Working on mental health wards

Working at a care-home

Local volunteering at hospitals

ReputationRep:
    I've Heard British Heart Foundation are hiring

ReputationRep:
    i mean, work experience isn't a requirement to get into uni as far as i know??? but it does help (by which i mean, it's invaluable) if you want to get a job whilst at uni. i would recommend charity shops bc they're always hiring. they don't pay, but it's good to use as a ref to get to paid retail jobs. if you want something specific for your course, then it would depend what you're interested in. criminal psychology? psychotherapist? child psychology? mental illness? have a look for jobs in health/social care, but you're unlikely to find anything while so young that you can fit around a school/uni work schedule.
    sorry i can't help more!
    p.t.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.