The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hello I’m currently in year 13 and I’m hoping to study psychology at uni next year. However the problem is that I still haven’t found any work experience. Where/what would be a suitable place to work
Many thanks
Reply 1
Do some charity volunteering or try out at a creche, charities are always looking for volunteers
Original post by Sarah631118
Hello I’m currently in year 13 and I’m hoping to study psychology at uni next year. However the problem is that I still haven’t found any work experience. Where/what would be a suitable place to work
Many thanks

Voluntary work as a Youth Support Worker.

Community service volunteering

Voluntary work with people with disabilities / learning difficulties. The best way to find this work experience is by contacting schools in the local area.

Working on mental health wards

Working at a care-home

Local volunteering at hospitals
Reply 3
I've Heard British Heart Foundation are hiring
Reply 4
i mean, work experience isn't a requirement to get into uni as far as i know??? but it does help (by which i mean, it's invaluable) if you want to get a job whilst at uni. i would recommend charity shops bc they're always hiring. they don't pay, but it's good to use as a ref to get to paid retail jobs. if you want something specific for your course, then it would depend what you're interested in. criminal psychology? psychotherapist? child psychology? mental illness? have a look for jobs in health/social care, but you're unlikely to find anything while so young that you can fit around a school/uni work schedule.
sorry i can't help more!
p.t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending