Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some time ago I created a website that held all my exam notes. This was my exam time project (to pass the time while I was resting from revising) and unfortunately I stopped developing it after the exams.

I recently went back to the statistics on the site and found that It gets visited a lot more than I was expecting. There's currently very little stuff on the site, so considering there's visitors now i'm impressed.

For this reason I'm looking for someone who would like to help. If you don't know how to program then this is perfect for you. Web development is pretty easy to get into and I can help you with that.

Hopefully with more than one person developing for the site it might stop me from giving up again.

I'm not really sure how you can help though, git hub?

If you'd like to know more about the site or me, just ask!

ReputationRep:
    This seem fun. I know extremely basic programming which is not much use (making a quiz on python is the extent of it) so would like to develop my skills.

What subject revision notes did you upload onto the site?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Human_Being)
    This seem fun. I know extremely basic programming which is not much use (making a quiz on python is the extent of it) so would like to develop my skills.

What subject revision notes did you upload onto the site?
    This was for my A levels so I had maths, chemistry and computer science. Although reading over them now i've made a lot of mistakes!

I've written a range of programs to do a lot of things. But i'm far from pro! I tend not to be very good at designing things or ordering and I like the background stuff. If you'd like you can help me with the php and html front end? This will be making sure things end up in the right place etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theOrangeJuice)
    This was for my A levels so I had maths, chemistry and computer science. Although reading over them now i've made a lot of mistakes!

I've written a range of programs to do a lot of things. But i'm far from pro! I tend not to be very good at designing things or ordering and I like the background stuff. If you'd like you can help me with the php and html front end? This will be making sure things end up in the right place etc?
    I don't even know what php Is! I would like to try help though, though you'd have to teach me.

What are you doing with your studies now?

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what php Is! I would like to try help though, though you'd have to teach me.

What are you doing with your studies now?
    I'm doing computer science now.

That's fine, it's all written and just needs moving about here and there I can explain what's what usually

ReputationRep:
    Ooh cool...i could've guessed that 😂😂 I did CS for GCSE only.

Yayy that would be good. I don't know what it'll be like but wanna try and see what it's like.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh cool...i could've guessed that 😂😂 I did CS for GCSE only.

Yayy that would be good. I don't know what it'll be like but wanna try and see what it's like.
    Great! Only problem, I have no idea how to setup a way to share and help.. I'll take a look at what's premade on the server, it might have something

ReputationRep:
    Okay, tell me when you've found something. 😊
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would love to help, but I am currently in the process of self-teaching myself python.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moltenmo)
    I would love to help, but I am currently in the process of self-teaching myself python.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Python is great! If you need any help i've used python for a few years so I might be some use

Okay, tell me when you've found something. 😊

Github seems like it'll be okay. No idea how to use it though.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Github seems like it'll be okay. No idea how to use it though.[/QUOTE]

I made an account. My username is:

Valkriecain

What's yours?

Have you started a project on there?

ReputationRep:
    I made an account. My username is:

Valkriecain

What's yours?

Have you started a project on there?
    I've not really used git hub so it'll take me awhile to get it right.

The project is "there" i've just not uploaded the files. So you know the website is wjecnotes.co.uk and the empty github page is https://github.com/JuggernautNet/WjecNotes

Ignore the actual notes and login etc etc. As you should be able to see the site is working and there but each page needs to be rewritten "neatly". Would you like to start with the index page? I'll upload the files required for it and comment them so it makes sense.

Only problem is, the pages are php so it'll make editing them a little difficult without a running server.

Sorry for the late reply! As a uni student I had the duty of going out drinking on a Monday

ReputationRep:
    I've not really used git hub so it'll take me awhile to get it right.

The project is "there" i've just not uploaded the files. So you know the website is wjecnotes.co.ukand the empty github page is https://github.com/JuggernautNet/WjecNotes

Ignore the actual notes and login etc etc. As you should be able to see the site is working and there but each page needs to be rewritten "neatly". Would you like to start with the index page? I'll upload the files required for it and comment them so it makes sense.

Only problem is, the pages are php so it'll make editing them a little difficult without a running server.

Sorry for the late reply! As a uni student I had the duty of going out drinking on a Monday
    Okay, I am practically clueless when it comes to website programming (I did a little bit of HTML years ago but only recall the absolute basics). What do I do?

But yeah I would like the start on the index file if you could upload it.

I am busy preparing for the PAT so may take some time to respond and get things done.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I am practically clueless when it comes to website programming (I did a little bit of HTML years ago but only recall the absolute basics). What do I do?

But yeah I would like the start on the index file if you could upload it.

I am busy preparing for the PAT so may take some time to respond and get things done.
    That's fine. Most the time you'll be typing " echo $content;" as the rest is all the same!

I've put the index up, take a look. Anything you don't get just ask. I think i can use the issues to recommend ideas or tasks? I'll try and explain what needs doing but i'll start doing them at the same time on github.

Don't worry about time, i'm juggling a few things at the moment too.

ReputationRep:
    I added issues to the github, i think that's a good way to show what can be done?

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. Most the time you'll be typing " echo $content;" as the rest is all the same!

I've put the index up, take a look. Anything you don't get just ask. I think i can use the issues to recommend ideas or tasks? I'll try and explain what needs doing but i'll start doing them at the same time on github.

Don't worry about time, i'm juggling a few things at the moment too.
    Cool I'm on a course today but will check Github as soon as I can. Will say if anything is confusing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.