Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which of these London based unis is the best for studying Physics/Astrophysics? Taking into account the reputation of each uni, accommodation costs, student satisfaction and facilities. (labs, equipment, etc)

ReputationRep:
    Based on reputation, I'd say kings. I havent seen any of the unis, but as theyre all part of the university of london (i think?) they have a lot of facilities in common, like the observatory (UCL also uses this)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hijack OP's thread, but what would you recommend out of warwick and ucl for physics and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United2810)
    Which of these London based unis is the best for studying Physics/Astrophysics? Taking into account the reputation of each uni, accommodation costs, student satisfaction and facilities. (labs, equipment, etc)
    I would take a close look at location, as they are all quite different in that respect. QMUL is in the East End, KCL is very central - close to Waterloo, and RHUL is outside the M25. RHUL is a campus university in a small town, with a range of accommodation prices. It has the advantage that in 2nd, 3rd & 4th year, most people rent shared houses very close to the university, so it's very sociable. You may not get that with the other two, although you do have London on your doorstep. You get London weighting with your student loan at RHUL, but accommodation can be comparatively cheap.

All 3 colleges share their fourth year for MSci programmes, so you may get to experience all of them. RHUL has an astrodome with a decent telescope on the roof of the physics department. You will get to use it from 2nd year onwards. I'm not sure whether the other two have similar facilities.

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway is renound for Physics and is actually based in Surrey.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.