Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get romantically involved? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I start university next year and I've met this guy I like, we've been talking and getting to know each other. But next year I'll be going to uni (not a close uni like a good few hours away) I'm worried about really getting feelings for him, maybe dating and having to break it off next year. I've never been in this situation before so I don't know what could happen or what I should do. Should we just stay friends or have a year of possibilities?

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to be moving out for uni?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    And what will he be doing next year while you will be at university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No$feratu)
    Are you going to be moving out for uni?
    Yes, I'm staying in halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No$feratu)
    And what will he be doing next year while you will be at university?
    Haven't had the chance to ask but most likely going to uni too
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    They say you regret the things you don't do, and the opportunities you don't take, more than the things which you do do. A full year of being with someone could be a very good thing for you, and while there are overwhelming chances that such a relationship wouldn't survive university, I wouldn't say that's a valid reason to not live in the moment and go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone who has dealt with something similar , let me tell you . It is quite difficult to have long distance relationships at uni , i was with someone for 3 years before we both started uni , we called it quits about 4 months into our first year , the commitment was just too much , we rarely saw each other , we both had temptations and if i am honest it totally drained me and i am glad we broke up because i found someone better at uni , who i am still with.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe roll a dice and if you get a 0 it's yes and 0is no, all the others are maybe?

ReputationRep:
    **** it get with him

ReputationRep:
    Try

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.