The Student Room Group

Nice/kind/polite way to reject a girl

I have had trouble rejecting girls in the past, either they are not my type or because I just wasn't interested. I used to make up stories to tell these girls about how I have a girlfriend who lives away but it always backfired when the word would spread and to most of my distant friends I am still dating 'Rose' who lives in Italy because of it!

So I need a better way at rejecting a girl who I am 99% sure is interested in me but I am 10000000% committed to my current girlfriend (who is real this time) but I don't want to be a ****head about it or be harsh incase it hurts her self confidence.

How can I politely reject this person, preferably without bringing up my current girlfriend to avoid her embarrassment?

Thank you everyone :smile:
Don't drag it out. Just tell her you don't want to date her or something?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have had trouble rejecting girls in the past, either they are not my type or because I just wasn't interested. I used to make up stories to tell these girls about how I have a girlfriend who lives away but it always backfired when the word would spread and to most of my distant friends I am still dating 'Rose' who lives in Italy because of it!

So I need a better way at rejecting a girl who I am 99% sure is interested in me but I am 10000000% committed to my current girlfriend (who is real this time) but I don't want to be a ****head about it or be harsh incase it hurts her self confidence.

How can I politely reject this person, preferably without bringing up my current girlfriend to avoid her embarrassment?

Just say you have a girlfriend and therefore can't. Otherwise just be honest and say you would much rather have them as a friend :smile:
Reply 3
Don't beat around the George W, just tell her that you're currently in a happy relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

If she hadn't tried to make a move, you don't need to say/do anything.

If she does try to make a move, just be honest about being committed to your girlfriend. The self-confidence of someone you're not involved with is not for you to be concerned with, especially of the alternative is to put your own relationship in jeopardy.

In person not by email or text message.
Reply 6
Tell her you are a drug addict or do some crazy staff in front of her and you don't deserve someone like her (girl asking you out). This will work if she does not know any of your friends
Just say you have a girlfriend. That's all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending