Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to decide whether shd I apply for just maths and econ or both maths and econ AND bms in LSE. I've read that it is not wise to apply for 2 different courses as it is hard to write your ps, but in my case is it fine to do so?
    Will it increase my chance to get into lse? I don't really mind which courses of the above I'm doing as long as I'm in LSE.
    Academic info:
    As: 5A(maths fmaths economics physics Chinese)
    Achieved A* in a2 maths in yr 12
    Predicted grades: 2A* 3A ( same order as above)
    Any advices would be fantastic and appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lui001)
    I'm struggling to decide whether shd I apply for just maths and econ or both maths and econ AND bms in LSE. I've read that it is not wise to apply for 2 different courses as it is hard to write your ps, but in my case is it fine to do so?
    Will it increase my chance to get into lse? I don't really mind which courses of the above I'm doing as long as I'm in LSE.
    Academic info:
    As: 5A(maths fmaths economics physics Chinese)
    Achieved A* in a2 maths in yr 12
    Predicted grades: 2A* 3A ( same order as above)
    Any advices would be fantastic and appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Un...-the-UCAS-form
    "We advise students to be cautious as those applying to more than one programme at LSE may find it difficult to effectively demonstrate their academic interest in the limited amount of space available on UCAS. You should also note that applying to more than one programme does not increase the likelihood of your being made an offer."

It's not a good idea tbh. It doesn't increase your chances and at the same time makes it more difficult for you to get the crucial PS focus that LSE are looking for.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.