Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I won’t get my GCSEs due to my “friends” help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I’m 14 and currently in year 10. I have moved to a new school a month ago where things have gone aggressively downhill and I’ve stopped going to school. my attendance is therefore getting really poor and the attendance officer will soon be on my mums back which I really don’t want happening.

I have left school unofficially due to a bunch of girls who keep harassing and threatening me, both physically and emotionally they just don’t leave me alone, they call me names push me around circle me, leave me out talk about me call me names etc it’s come to a point where I’m scared to leave home alone just in case I have to see them around as I’m scared of what they’ll do or say to me.. I feel so isolated and alone. The police can’t do anything without physical proof, which there is none of- and all their previous victims have tried pleading with the school and police but the bullies’ parents justify their children’s behaviour as “self Defense” and “freedom to express themselves”..

These are the kind of girls who go to school to cause arguments and drama... it’s pathetic. Every time I tried to ditch them it automatically made me a “snake” and they would all act funny with me and since these are the girls who “run the year group” everyone is extremely scared of them.

I’ve been to the doctors who have told me I show symptoms of depression, not eating, oversleeping, overthinking, suicidal thoughts etc- but getting me back into school is a priority, that’s what the doctors have told me and that’s what everyone else ultimately has too. however I don’t want to go back to that school and mentally can’t deal with it. I have thought of everything but I just can’t go back there through the humiliation and insults etc.

They all make me feel so insecure about myself and belittle me constantly. I feel like a disappointment to my family which is why I truly want to find our alternative forms of education so I can become something and not let my mother down.

Another thing is my controlling ex boyfriend is now friends with these girls as some sort of “revenge” towards me for leaving him, and they’re all getting together and spreading lies and rumours about me, I have so many people I don’t know messaging me and coming up to me saying they heard this or that about me, everything people have said about me is never true which is what sucks the most. I wish I could take all this back but the girls just don’t leave me alone they constantly try to contact me and what scares me the most is they know my address and might try coming to mine. And they know my siblings I am terrified that they’ll try intimidating my little brothers.

I’m emotionally very weak I can’t take all this being said and my ex knows all my weak spots which is why he’s spreading all these lies; so they get back to me and hurt me.

The school are aware of all of this, and what’s going on and numerous other pupils who have moved schools because of how frightened they are of these certain girls, these girls also hang out with the popular boys- certain of these boys have known me for years and I’ve been close to them for years but when it came down to it, none of them took my side due to, well these girls.

Ive officially lost hope in all my “friends” because moving down here, I never knew people could be so rude and heartless! I officially promised myself I’d rather have no friends than to hang out with girls like these who have nothing else to do but belittle and humiliate others.

The school are doing nothing to prevent the girls from doing all this, two of these girls were put on a behaviour contract by the school a few weeks ago but they continue breaking the contract with the school giving them endless chances..

if it was only the 4 popular mean girls I befriended bullying me it would’ve been okay to endure, a new school where I feel isolated because I don’t know anyone or my way around? I would’ve put up with it, but those girls have so many other people starting on me to and for what reason?

I wouldn’t pick on another girl on their say, they “made me known” in the school (every time I tried sitting down and staying away they started calling me a snake and pushing me around for not walking around with them so I just trailed after them) - but since they were “kind enough to let me hang out with them” I should start picking on some other girl with them on their say right? Wrong. I refused to do so and ever since then it’s gone downhill terribly.

They can’t stop talking about me! And how I’m “too scared to come school and face up to them” well sorry if I don’t want to go in and be the centre of humiliation! They just won’t leave me alone!

I had to change my number and delete my social medias because of their constant hate messages and calls, I feel so isolated and alone I tried to do the right thing but now I’m just lonely and hurt; and it’s the first year of my GCSE’s.

Now here’s the problem.

My attendance at this point is very low. I’ve always been the kind of independent girl who focuses on my studies and even in past situations I’ve kept my head down and just done my work. This time the school is not participating and my mental health is worsening by the day. I just don’t know what to do as all other schools in the area aren’t really suitable, all the good schools have full up waiting lists and home education is not an option because the courses for GCSE’s are just so expensive and my mum isn’t really in the best financial place, if it came down to it she could probably really only afford for me to do 2 GCSE courses anyways.

I know this sounds so difficult but can anyone please tell me any alternatives to school? I really can’t go back to school with these girls I’m really afraid of what the voice in my head will tell me to do to myself.

I can do a course in college next September (as I turn 15 next April) and get two GCSES (in maths and English) but I don’t know if that will get me far in life? I mean all my life I had high ambitions such as being a teacher, a solicitor etc but I clearly won’t have enough GCSE’s for careers such as these, I’m just curious as to what kind of education I will need for a career to work with children/young people? And if my GCSE’s are extremely necessary are there any recommended schools in Buckinghamshire which will be supportive enough to help me get them?

Again I know I’m being really difficult but this whole situation is stressing me out extremely I’m trying to tell myself that all this won’t matter in 10 years and I have to hold on and put my education first but there’s nothing for me to look forward to right now and I really don’t want to become a dropout who becomes nothing I do come from a struggling family and want to make something of my life but I don’t know what to even do..

If anyone has any suggestions please leave them below, many many thanks x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sarah!

I've been in your position before; dropped out halfway through year 8 due to bullying, moved school, hardly went in through year 9 because of anxiety, went to college at the start of year 10 doing level 2 media and english and maths. (I'm now in year 11 back in mainstream school)

Are you able to go to a different room during lessons? On the rare occasions in year 9 I did go in, I went into a seperate room for people who were struggling and just did catch up work, obviously it wasn't ideal but it's better than nothing. Try to push through as much as you can though, in a few years you'll never have to see them again. As far as the social side of things, if you can't get that through school maybe look into youth groups in your area? I joined mine when I was struggling and it compeltely changed my life, no exaggeration.

You say you're worried about the prospects of college which is a fair point but at the end of the day 2 GCSEs is better than not going in to school. I assume you'd be doing a level 2 progression course alongside it? Which will get you on to the equivalent of 3 A-Levels, and then on to uni etc. If you want to go to uni for a more academic subject you could always do an access course if needs be. Have a chat to the college about all your concerns because they'll be in a better position to help.

Best of luck mate, if you need any more advice let me know x

ReputationRep:
    TIP: Get new friends. Best life advice you will ever get. No problem. That, and stop complaining about ur real friends for u failing in ur tests. famalam

ReputationRep:
    Girl, I'm sorry you're being bullied right now. It's the job of the education system to protect you from things like that.

If I were your dad, I'd go down to the school and demand they fix the issue and then possibly flip out if they couldn't. Then, I'd move you to a different school because nobody deserves to be bullied. You're at school 8 hours a day and I wouldn't expect you to accept that when you graduated and I wouldn't accept it at my work, so why do we demand that of the people we are ostensibly there as guardians for?

Talk to your parents. Explain how unsafe you feel. This can be fixed. Never feel that you are alone in this, because you aren't.

ReputationRep:
    fkin t w a t stan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Girl, I'm sorry you're being bullied right now. It's the job of the education system to protect you from things like that.

If I were your dad, I'd go down to the school and demand they fix the issue and then possibly flip out if they couldn't. Then, I'd move you to a different school because nobody deserves to be bullied. You're at school 8 hours a day and I wouldn't expect you to accept that when you graduated and I wouldn't accept it at my work, so why do we demand that of the people we are ostensibly there as guardians for?

Talk to your parents. Explain how unsafe you feel. This can be fixed. Never feel that you are alone in this, because you aren't.
    Thank you! It’s just that my parents are the stereotypical Asians and care more about physical health than mental health they think I’m being dramatic and as long as I’m not being beaten up everyday I’ll be fine.. words do hurt a lot and I mean they have pushed me around and left bruises before how am I meant to stand up to these girls :/ everyone’s telling me to go back to that school and my mother is being really harsh to me at home thinking that will make me go back into school so now I’m dealing with two unhappy environments and I really don’t know who to speak to on this matter. I don’t understand why my mum won’t let me move schools if I already have once, I mean it’s so early in the year if we get this solved now it’s better right?

I don’t know I mean if these girls have bullied other girls out of school and into depression then there needs to be something done about them.. the school can’t however “exclude that many pupils” (5 or so girls) it’s really sad because I don’t want to miss out on my education. 🤕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BIG STAN)
    TIP: Get new friends. Best life advice you will ever get. No problem. That, and stop complaining about ur real friends for u failing in ur tests. famalam
    Yeah I sound like an idiot, I did choose those friends I guess, I’m just rolling on my ones now I don’t need anyone except me but I do however need my education and anyone I will befriend is so shook and scared of these girls they’ll just ditch me so how tf do I make friends at that school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinegrove)
    Hi Sarah!

I've been in your position before; dropped out halfway through year 8 due to bullying, moved school, hardly went in through year 9 because of anxiety, went to college at the start of year 10 doing level 2 media and english and maths. (I'm now in year 11 back in mainstream school)

Are you able to go to a different room during lessons? On the rare occasions in year 9 I did go in, I went into a seperate room for people who were struggling and just did catch up work, obviously it wasn't ideal but it's better than nothing. Try to push through as much as you can though, in a few years you'll never have to see them again. As far as the social side of things, if you can't get that through school maybe look into youth groups in your area? I joined mine when I was struggling and it compeltely changed my life, no exaggeration.

You say you're worried about the prospects of college which is a fair point but at the end of the day 2 GCSEs is better than not going in to school. I assume you'd be doing a level 2 progression course alongside it? Which will get you on to the equivalent of 3 A-Levels, and then on to uni etc. If you want to go to uni for a more academic subject you could always do an access course if needs be. Have a chat to the college about all your concerns because they'll be in a better position to help.

Best of luck mate, if you need any more advice let me know x
    Firstly, thanks for the advice!

My parents are just listening to everyone else when they keep wanting me to go in, they’re saying as long as I’m not getting beaten up 8 hours a day I’ll be fine, however I just can’t put up with their words either, it’s terrible. I could sit in isolation but only for like a week or whatever which is obviously going to fly by..

I could attend UTC which is a technical college, or college next September (when I start year 11) or even change to another school! But my mum doesn’t want that and I don’t know how to convince her. She’s now mentally putting me down saying stuff like I’m stupid and weak for not going in and facing up to it and I’m gonna end up with no career or life because I run away from school.. this is the first time I’ve stayed off like this and I just can’t put up with it, I don’t know who to turn to I feel so alone.

The college plan is a great one I mean at least there’s proof that I tried to get some education right? I don’t really mind about the social side to be honest, I’ve given up hope in all the teenagers around here. I guess I’ll just make my friends when I’m older and everyone’s a bit more mature🤔

Many thanks x

ReputationRep:
    tell your parent how you feel

ReputationRep:
    ask them for support and tell the teacher

ReputationRep:
    Hi babes, the college course sounds great. Don’t worry about only having 2 GCSE’s - do you have any idea what career(solicitor?) or A Levels you want to do?

If you do extremely well in those two, when you go to Sixth Form - who might say you need a minimum of 5 GCSE’s- you might be able to apply for extenuating circumstances.

I barely have any friends too - I left School in Year 8, went to a college too - left that(personal reasons) and actually self studying my GCSE’s at home.

You seem like a very mature young lady, so studying shouldn’t be too hard. If you have ANY issues or thoughts with mental health talk to me.

Bit of motivation: You don’t necessarily have to go with the traditional route with education - as long as you work your arse off - keeping your mental and physical health in check - you’ll do fantastic in life. Don’t listen to your mum.

Lots of love, Jabba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9257)
    tell your parent how you feel
    They’re the typical Asians who just want me to go back there and nowhere else:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabbathemuttdog)
    Hi babes, the college course sounds great. Don’t worry about only having 2 GCSE’s - do you have any idea what career(solicitor?) or A Levels you want to do?

If you do extremely well in those two, when you go to Sixth Form - who might say you need a minimum of 5 GCSE’s- you might be able to apply for extenuating circumstances.

I barely have any friends too - I left School in Year 8, went to a college too - left that(personal reasons) and actually self studying my GCSE’s at home.

You seem like a very mature young lady, so studying shouldn’t be too hard. If you have ANY issues or thoughts with mental health talk to me.

Bit of motivation: You don’t necessarily have to go with the traditional route with education - as long as you work your arse off - keeping your mental and physical health in check - you’ll do fantastic in life. Don’t listen to your mum.

Lots of love, Jabba.
    Hello! Thank you so much for this you’ve stopped my tears, I was just downstairs with my mum who kept calling me weak and saying I had to go in and just visualising how bad it would be in my head it’s too much. I don’t understand why I can’t just leave their lives and disappear. Getting my GCSE’s at home may be too expensive but there’s always the option of the level 2 course at college along with 2 GCSE’s. And I’m sure I can do them later In life? I’m 100% ready to put the work in! Again thank you so much, and I wanted to work as a solicitor for years, but I’m really unsure if I’m even able to now, everyone around me is telling me I won’t get anywhere if I don’t go to a mainstream school; more specifically this certain school.
    Sigh
    Much love x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahxmoor)
    Hey guys, I’m 14 and currently in year 10. I have moved to a new school a month ago where things have gone aggressively downhill and I’ve stopped going to school. my attendance is therefore getting really poor and the attendance officer will soon be on my mums back which I really don’t want happening.

I have left school unofficially due to a bunch of girls who keep harassing and threatening me, both physically and emotionally they just don’t leave me alone, they call me names push me around circle me, leave me out talk about me call me names etc it’s come to a point where I’m scared to leave home alone just in case I have to see them around as I’m scared of what they’ll do or say to me.. I feel so isolated and alone. The police can’t do anything without physical proof, which there is none of- and all their previous victims have tried pleading with the school and police but the bullies’ parents justify their children’s behaviour as “self Defense” and “freedom to express themselves”..

These are the kind of girls who go to school to cause arguments and drama... it’s pathetic. Every time I tried to ditch them it automatically made me a “snake” and they would all act funny with me and since these are the girls who “run the year group” everyone is extremely scared of them.

I’ve been to the doctors who have told me I show symptoms of depression, not eating, oversleeping, overthinking, suicidal thoughts etc- but getting me back into school is a priority, that’s what the doctors have told me and that’s what everyone else ultimately has too. however I don’t want to go back to that school and mentally can’t deal with it. I have thought of everything but I just can’t go back there through the humiliation and insults etc.

They all make me feel so insecure about myself and belittle me constantly. I feel like a disappointment to my family which is why I truly want to find our alternative forms of education so I can become something and not let my mother down.

Another thing is my controlling ex boyfriend is now friends with these girls as some sort of “revenge” towards me for leaving him, and they’re all getting together and spreading lies and rumours about me, I have so many people I don’t know messaging me and coming up to me saying they heard this or that about me, everything people have said about me is never true which is what sucks the most. I wish I could take all this back but the girls just don’t leave me alone they constantly try to contact me and what scares me the most is they know my address and might try coming to mine. And they know my siblings I am terrified that they’ll try intimidating my little brothers.

I’m emotionally very weak I can’t take all this being said and my ex knows all my weak spots which is why he’s spreading all these lies; so they get back to me and hurt me.

The school are aware of all of this, and what’s going on and numerous other pupils who have moved schools because of how frightened they are of these certain girls, these girls also hang out with the popular boys- certain of these boys have known me for years and I’ve been close to them for years but when it came down to it, none of them took my side due to, well these girls.

Ive officially lost hope in all my “friends” because moving down here, I never knew people could be so rude and heartless! I officially promised myself I’d rather have no friends than to hang out with girls like these who have nothing else to do but belittle and humiliate others.

The school are doing nothing to prevent the girls from doing all this, two of these girls were put on a behaviour contract by the school a few weeks ago but they continue breaking the contract with the school giving them endless chances..

if it was only the 4 popular mean girls I befriended bullying me it would’ve been okay to endure, a new school where I feel isolated because I don’t know anyone or my way around? I would’ve put up with it, but those girls have so many other people starting on me to and for what reason?

I wouldn’t pick on another girl on their say, they “made me known” in the school (every time I tried sitting down and staying away they started calling me a snake and pushing me around for not walking around with them so I just trailed after them) - but since they were “kind enough to let me hang out with them” I should start picking on some other girl with them on their say right? Wrong. I refused to do so and ever since then it’s gone downhill terribly.

They can’t stop talking about me! And how I’m “too scared to come school and face up to them” well sorry if I don’t want to go in and be the centre of humiliation! They just won’t leave me alone!

I had to change my number and delete my social medias because of their constant hate messages and calls, I feel so isolated and alone I tried to do the right thing but now I’m just lonely and hurt; and it’s the first year of my GCSE’s.

Now here’s the problem.

My attendance at this point is very low. I’ve always been the kind of independent girl who focuses on my studies and even in past situations I’ve kept my head down and just done my work. This time the school is not participating and my mental health is worsening by the day. I just don’t know what to do as all other schools in the area aren’t really suitable, all the good schools have full up waiting lists and home education is not an option because the courses for GCSE’s are just so expensive and my mum isn’t really in the best financial place, if it came down to it she could probably really only afford for me to do 2 GCSE courses anyways.

I know this sounds so difficult but can anyone please tell me any alternatives to school? I really can’t go back to school with these girls I’m really afraid of what the voice in my head will tell me to do to myself.

I can do a course in college next September (as I turn 15 next April) and get two GCSES (in maths and English) but I don’t know if that will get me far in life? I mean all my life I had high ambitions such as being a teacher, a solicitor etc but I clearly won’t have enough GCSE’s for careers such as these, I’m just curious as to what kind of education I will need for a career to work with children/young people? And if my GCSE’s are extremely necessary are there any recommended schools in Buckinghamshire which will be supportive enough to help me get them?

Again I know I’m being really difficult but this whole situation is stressing me out extremely I’m trying to tell myself that all this won’t matter in 10 years and I have to hold on and put my education first but there’s nothing for me to look forward to right now and I really don’t want to become a dropout who becomes nothing I do come from a struggling family and want to make something of my life but I don’t know what to even do..

If anyone has any suggestions please leave them below, many many thanks x
    If you need proof why don't you put your phone in your pocket and the next time this happens make sure your phone's camera oor voice recorder is left on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.