Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    For such a large uni, the laundry facilities are abysmal. I spent three hours (9PM-12PM) queuing, only for two of the seven machines in that particular room to refuse to work anymore, at which point I had to come back to my room, rather than face another 2+ hour wait and hand wash everything, which I have been doing for the last three hours. On a side note has anyone used any launderettes in the city? I imagine that would be a lot less hassle than this crap.

ReputationRep:
    Go when it isn't busy

There's a laundrette view app
    https://www.circuit.co.uk/i-want-to-.../laundry-view/

unfortunately doesn't cover UEA... but you can look at the usage histograms to see what the times when the laundrettes at unis get congested are... I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably a similar pattern at all unis.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Go when it isn't busy

There's a laundrette view app
    https://www.circuit.co.uk/i-want-to-.../laundry-view/

unfortunately doesn't cover UEA... but you can look at the usage histograms to see what the times when the laundrettes at unis get congested are... I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably a similar pattern at all unis.
    That's what I attempted to do, I thought seeing as it's a Sunday night it would be quiet as most are either hung over or are out, however it's full of Chinese students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
    That's what I attempted to do, I thought seeing as it's a Sunday night it would be quiet as most are either hung over or are out, however it's full of Chinese students.
    Yeah. when you think you're having a good idea and you find out everyone else had the exact same idea at the same time... that's just life.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeWelshGuy123)
    Nothing stereotypical there then ! lol

A quick Google pulled up:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?dcr=...=1507551710144

ReputationRep:
    This is by far the most stressful aspect of being a UEA student.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.