Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friends in the group always get me a birthday present every year. This year they didn't. One of them said they were stopping the whole present thing with friends a month before my birthday which I understand and respected and had absolutely no problem with. However, when it came to all their birthdays this year they all bought each other presents which is quite surprising considering they all excluded me just but amongst each other they bought each other and continually show that off in front of me everytime we go out that they have bought each other gifts. I just don't understand why. Do you think it is deliberate and they don't want to bother with me? Is it worth saying how I feel? This is the first this has ever happened. I'm wondering if it is because they have a problem with me or something and maybe I should address it nicely in case there is something that they have against me that I'm not aware of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My friends in the group always get me a birthday present every year. This year they didn't. One of them said they were stopping the whole present thing with friends a month before my birthday which I understand and respected and had absolutely no problem with. However, when it came to all their birthdays this year they all bought each other presents which is quite surprising considering they all excluded me just but amongst each other they bought each other and continually show that off in front of me everytime we go out that they have bought each other gifts. I just don't understand why. Do you think it is deliberate and they don't want to bother with me? Is it worth saying how I feel? This is the first this has ever happened. I'm wondering if it is because they have a problem with me or something and maybe I should address it nicely in case there is something that they have against me that I'm not aware of.
    Don't worrys abouts it. Get yourself a present.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's probably a good idea to ask them if they have any problem with you that you are not aware of. It's better to know the reason behind it than keep assuming things. If they are really your friends that care about you and love you then, they would tell you why they are ignoring you. Goodluck!

Thank you both so much! Honestly really appreciate your comments. I will say to them how I feel.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.