Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I'm a Keele postgraduate and when I visited the University over the summer noticed that Horwood O Block is closed and boarded up.

I just wondered why? Is it being refurbished or demolished?

Cheers

Robin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vonsworld)
    Hello

I'm a Keele postgraduate and when I visited the University over the summer noticed that Horwood O Block is closed and boarded up.

Cheers

Robin
    Keele uni is currently undergoing a large accommodation re development. Horwood O has been closed for a while and will be demolished to create new Horwood accommodation

source: https://www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele...ansionproject/
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Vonsworld)
    Hello

Cheers

Robin
    I live next to Horwood O Block. I believe that the block was closed due to a high number of suicides associate with the block.:sadnod:

It wouldn't make sense to close it for refurbishment during semester unless the building is unsafe.

I have no idea what the future plans are for the building but I hope it isn't wasted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I live next to Horwood O Block. I believe that the block was closed due to a high number of suicides associate with the block.:sadnod:

It wouldn't make sense to close it for refurbishment during semester unless the building is unsafe.

I have no idea what the future plans are for the building but I hope it isn't wasted.
    Also the roof has caved in too!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by NKSSSSS09)
    Also the roof has caved in too!
    Ah. That would make sense as a reason for closure.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.