jimbojohn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
just yesterday I had bought a new car. I've done the tax the same night online but it still showing as its still sorn the next. I dont wanna get clamped so would I be alright as long as I've paid. how long does it take to become updated.
Theguynextdoor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Call them?

Have you received and email saying you have payed from the DVLA - normally send you a receipt asap.

Also download the app called MyGarage or something - it shows all details of the vehicle including if it is taxed - to double check everywhere and to make sure.
But definitely look for a receipt from the DVLA... they normally send it out asap and call them if you wanna make sure.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jimbojohn)
just yesterday I had bought a new car. I've done the tax the same night online but it still showing as its still sorn the next. I dont wanna get clamped so would I be alright as long as I've paid. how long does it take to become updated.
Taxing is instant, it's only the public facing website that has delayed information. No worries.
jimbojohn
Rep:
?
yhh I got an email receipt instantly. but still shows up sorn. so not surev
dickwhittington
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It should be updated on all relevant databases that the car is now taxed. If you do get stopped, you have a receipt showing that you have paid the relevant tax so you can drive your car with no issues
PhilipG1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jimbojohn)
yhh I got an email receipt instantly. but still shows up sorn. so not surev
If you got a receipt you're fine. If you get stopped show them the receipt and you shouldn't run into trouble
jimbojohn
Rep:
?
alright cheers guys its come up now anyways
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.74%
I'm not sure (40)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30.03%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (429)
48.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise