Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    just yesterday I had bought a new car. I've done the tax the same night online but it still showing as its still sorn the next. I dont wanna get clamped so would I be alright as long as I've paid. how long does it take to become updated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Call them?

Have you received and email saying you have payed from the DVLA - normally send you a receipt asap.

Also download the app called MyGarage or something - it shows all details of the vehicle including if it is taxed - to double check everywhere and to make sure.
    But definitely look for a receipt from the DVLA... they normally send it out asap and call them if you wanna make sure.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbojohn)
    just yesterday I had bought a new car. I've done the tax the same night online but it still showing as its still sorn the next. I dont wanna get clamped so would I be alright as long as I've paid. how long does it take to become updated.
    Taxing is instant, it's only the public facing website that has delayed information. No worries.

ReputationRep:
    yhh I got an email receipt instantly. but still shows up sorn. so not surev

ReputationRep:
    It should be updated on all relevant databases that the car is now taxed. If you do get stopped, you have a receipt showing that you have paid the relevant tax so you can drive your car with no issues

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbojohn)
    yhh I got an email receipt instantly. but still shows up sorn. so not surev
    If you got a receipt you're fine. If you get stopped show them the receipt and you shouldn't run into trouble

ReputationRep:
    alright cheers guys its come up now anyways

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.