Turn on thread page Beta

World Mental Health Day - Writing about Mental Health watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a counsellor and for World Mental Health Day tomorrow I was going to post on Facebook and so on about the importance of talking about mental health if you're struggling, and all that jazz.

Instead though, I've written a blog post about my own mental health - specifically about how I nearly had a mental breakdown a few years ago.

It's a bit heavy as you'd expect it to be, but I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested. Any feedback would also be much appreciated!

Cheers

https://thebraindumpsite.wordpress.c...al-health-day/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Spiderman)
    I'm a counsellor and for World Mental Health Day tomorrow I was going to post on Facebook and so on about the importance of talking about mental health if you're struggling, and all that jazz.

Instead though, I've written a blog post about my own mental health - specifically about how I nearly had a mental breakdown a few years ago.

It's a bit heavy as you'd expect it to be, but I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested. Any feedback would also be much appreciated!

Cheers

https://thebraindumpsite.wordpress.c...al-health-day/
    :hugs: That was a really good read.
    I hope that you are alright :jumphug:
    Really good to see you taking the initiative when it comes to talking about mental health. :bump:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :hugs: That was a really good read.
    I hope that you are alright :jumphug:
    Really good to see you taking the initiative when it comes to talking about mental health. :bump:
    Yeah I'm good nowadays!

Thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hello! :hi:

We're closing the Blogs section of the site as it wasn't getting a lot of activity, but don't worry - that means your blog can go in a much more active section of the site where it'll get loads more attention! :jive:

Just so you know, I've moved your blog to Mental Health - I hope that's OK!

Paracosm :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's fine, no worries

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.