Preparing for My AS levels Watch

This discussion is closed.
GarageMc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I'm going to start My as levels next week, I will be taking chemistry, biology, maths and music. My targets are to get all A's.

I will be doing atleast an hour of self study everyday when there is no college work to do.

So do you guys have any helpful tips on preparing for college and for my AS levels, it can be about any aspect of college and from any of your experience's.

Thanks
Evolin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well start to revise early....well you know whats best for your self, make a timetable even if you dont stick to it. i did one so i could relise how behind i was, and how much i had to, to give me a push up my backside.
and even if your mates say they havent started revising...most of them have...thats the mistake i made...listening to them...and stressin at the last minute.!

but its not bad...remeber to enjoy!
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by GarageMc)
I'm going to start My as levels next week, I will be taking chemistry, biology, maths and music. My targets are to get all A's.

I will be doing atleast an hour of self study everyday when there is no college work to do.

So do you guys have any helpful tips on preparing for college and for my AS levels, it can be about any aspect of college and from any of your experience's.

Thanks
Me too, except art instead of music.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well good luck.
Dynamite
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thanks
lol 4 hour self study per day!!! I just did 5 AS levels, Maths, Biology, Geography, History and ICT.....got all A's and did no way near that amount...chill.....its really quite easy!!
Pegasus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Thanks
1)Revise over what you've done in class regularly.
2)Get all your homework and assignments done on time...sound obvious, I know, but most people start with good intentions but then get bogged down by the amount of work they have....it all starts going downhill at the end of October/November time and before you know it its time to sit your exams...
3) Read around your subjects, I'm sure UKLers will be able to give you useful recommendations.
4) A good way to motivate yourself is to keep reminding yourself that you want to get 4As/ get into a good univeristy etc.
5) Rember to have a social life
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Dynamite)
lol 4 hour self study per day!!! I just did 5 AS levels, Maths, Biology, Geography, History and ICT.....got all A's and did no way near that amount...chill.....its really quite easy!!
:rolleyes:
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
Well good luck.
That's what I was thinking. Doing lessons then simply an hour a night during weekdays? If you're gunning for straight A Grades, unless you're amazingly bright/genius, you won't be getting those grades I'm afraid.

You need to work *much* harder than that.
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Invisible)
That's what I was thinking. Doing lessons then simply an hour a night during weekdays? If you're gunning for straight A Grades, unless you're amazingly bright/genius, you won't be getting those grades I'm afraid.

Well she said when their was no college work to do, ie in addition to homework. I'm not sure how much homework he/she is going to have so can't really comment on how much self study is a decent amount.
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

S88t, you actually have to work on your own for over an hour? Does that include homework. Omg, GCSEs must have well easy then!
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by glance)
S88t, you actually have to work on your own for over an hour? Does that include homework. Omg, GCSEs must have well easy then!
I think it's safe to say GCSE's are moderately easy compared to A-Level's. AS's help to ease you in to a more independent study system then A2's really drive it home, good luck in any case!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I was just thinking - aaah, rubbish I never did any work. But thinking now, it was just because I enjoyed it so much I didn't count the hours I put in as work.

Enjoy your A Levels because they're fun butmake sure you have plenty of social time too
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did you get straight A's though?
AAAC (I enjoyed the latter too much )
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

*******s. Theres no need for any self study (except revision time) to get all A's - for god sake the majority of subjects are a memory test.
GarageMc
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
cheers for the tips people
opal
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
With mathsI would advise that you get all the past papers you can get your hands on and do every question and make sure you understand it. Then maybe do one question on each topic a night to keep then ticking over. You tend to find that some of the questions are very similar- just with different numbers
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads