Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A level Computer Science Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have just started a course in computer science and I am enjoying the theory side of it but I am struggling with the coding side of it (20% of final grade) I feel like the teacher assumes that everyone has coded and I can’t find any revision/help online. I am coding using VB.NET!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    im sure there r tutorials on youtube
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isitandyy)
    I have just started a course in computer science and I am enjoying the theory side of it but I am struggling with the coding side of it (20% of final grade) I feel like the teacher assumes that everyone has coded and I can’t find any revision/help online. I am coding using VB.NET!
    If you're using visual studio, the best help is found by on the construct which isn't working pressing F1 and it will come up with a page about that construct. You can also search on the website (but I can't remember what it's called since I always found it by pressing F1 :lol:)
    Most the mainstream websites don't have vb.net tutorials unfortunately, but website such as: http://www.vbtutor.net/index.php/vis...2017-tutorial/ and https://www.tutorialspoint.com/vb.net/ while in some cases are slightly outdated, may be a good basis (not much has changed in visual studio at least since 2013 tbh).
    I can do a fair amount of vb.net so feel free to shout if you are completely stuck and I can give it a go You can also ask on our computing discussion thread here and I'm sure people will try and help if they're able

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.