Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So as unis say that you should spend 40 hours a week studying - made up of lectures, tutorials and private study - what sort of things do people do for private study.

As im studying law, i've been wondering what other law students do to make up this 40 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlAtYpUsBoi97)
    So as unis say that you should spend 40 hours a week studying - made up of lectures, tutorials and private study - what sort of things do people do for private study.

As im studying law, i've been wondering what other law students do to make up this 40 hours a week.
    Firstly, the only time I studied for 40 hours a week was when I was revising and doing my dissertation. What you can do with that time is read cases, journal articles, and revise lecture content to make sure you're on the right track.

Secondly, lots of people say they study 40 hours and constantly bemoan their regular attendance at the library. But these people are either not really studying and spend most of their time looking at Facebook or watching Suits on their laptop, or they are incredibly ineffective with how they study. I have met lots of people from both camps, though the latter is rarer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Firstly, the only time I studied for 40 hours a week was when I was revising and doing my dissertation. What you can do with that time is read cases, journal articles, and revise lecture content to make sure you're on the right track.

Secondly, lots of people say they study 40 hours and constantly bemoan their regular attendance at the library. But these people are either not really studying and spend most of their time looking at Facebook or watching Suits on their laptop, or they are incredibly ineffective with how they study. I have met lots of people from both camps, though the latter is rarer.
    Okay, cheers. I figured the 40 hours was a bit steep but definitely want to be doing more than i currently am so thanks for the help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.