The Student Room Group

Should I study as a Biomedical Scientist?

Ok so I am hoping to join the RAF. I recently found that I couldn't continue my application as an Avionics Technician due to colour blindness, one of the few roles left that interests me and I'm still eligible for is "Biomedical Scientist". However I have a lack of experience/knowledge in the subject and part of the training is a 3 year degree in Biomedical Science at a nearby university. I don't have any science related A levels, so I'm not sure if I'd be totally out of my depth in studying this and would find it way too hard? I have the entry grades needed as it's through the RAF. But am not sure if it's for me? Any advice/help would be appreciated?
If you are interested in becoming a scientist then I think you should go for it. You can also do the foundation year before you start so you are familiar with everything since it's very similar to the science A-levels.
Reply 2
I'm thinking that, I don't have foundation year as an options, because of the way the RAF run the course. so I'm unsure if I'll find it way too hard or not having little science knowledge
Reply 3
Anyone else think I'd struggle with the subject? I have no idea how hard it will be in comparison to other courses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending