Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I had postgraduate degree with MS telecommunications many years ago , but I don't have any work experience. I did 5 years in retail business, after that I had 2 children and now I found I do enjoy with kids and would like to be a Math teacher.
    Does anyone know how could I be a teacher in quickest way?
    I don't think have another 3 years university life is good for me as a 2 kids' mum.
    Thanks for your opinion in advance.

ReputationRep:
    As a graduate, you could apply for a PGCE (there are other routes such as schools direct, but I personally don't know much about these). The competition can be fierce, so you should try to get a bit of experience volunteering in the level and subject you want to teach. This will also be valuable as it will elp you know if the job is definitely for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S27)
    As a graduate, you could apply for a PGCE (there are other routes such as schools direct, but I personally don't know much about these). The competition can be fierce, so you should try to get a bit of experience volunteering in the level and subject you want to teach. This will also be valuable as it will elp you know if the job is definitely for you.
    Thanks very much for your reply.
    PGCE have to study and get certification in the university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylvia0909)
    Thanks very much for your reply.
    PGCE have to study and get certification in the university?
    PGCE is a full-time course, split between teaching at a school and studying at University

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylvia0909)
    Hi everyone,
    I had postgraduate degree with MS telecommunications many years ago , but I don't have any work experience. I did 5 years in retail business, after that I had 2 children and now I found I do enjoy with kids and would like to be a Math teacher.
    Does anyone know how could I be a teacher in quickest way?
    I don't think have another 3 years university life is good for me as a 2 kids' mum.
    Thanks for your opinion in advance.
    Give the Get Into Teaching helpdesk a call. They will give you all the details you need. Assuming you have a relevant degree that is accepted, it takes one year to train. Maths teachers are in short supply so you can get a bursary of £26k to train! Competition is not fierce despite what someone said. Your biggest obstacle will be persuading them that your maths skills are up to scratch.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.