(Original post by zyzzyspirit)
    Good luck my man. I believe in you, slay dat medicine pussay
    I'm not a dude, but thanks
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-10-12-20-49-45.png
Views: 9
Size:  99.4 KB
    Made a revision timetable. Will start sticking to it after my mocks, and it'll probably last until February-ish, when I'll allocate each day to a different subject. Sundays are blank so I can do whatever I need to do, whatever the subject. I think this will be effective as I'll be doing short bursts of more intense revision and will be repeating the information ever couple of days, helping it stick in my head.

Tonight I did a few simultaneous equations and wrote a practise essay on Macbeth. I also found the mark scheme for the French listening paper I did. I got 31/50 which isn't too bad actually. That's 62%, my speaking was 95% and I'm aiming for 70% in my writing and reading which will be 74.25% altogether (a grade 8 ). Will be revising a lot of French this weekend.

I've now got a sore throat and a headache along with a cold, so will be going to bed soon for a much needed early night.

ReputationRep:
    No revision class today as it's my maths teachers birthday this weekend and I think the teachers are going out for a few drinks or something.

I got a letter through the post from sixth form and my interview is on the 24th :O I'm so nervous and I'm the type of person to be extremely anxious about these sorts of things so I'm dreading it.

Today we did a practise French Higher reading paper in preparation for next week and only dropped 5 marks!! I was so happy with that

This weekend I'll be a bit more chilled as next week is full of exams, but then I'm off for two weeks!! It's also my best friend's birthday next week. I'll be sleeping at hers on the 23rd and she's going to walk me to my interview the next day.

Tonight I'll probably do a few bits of maths and science, but before that I'm going to go and eat some noodles

ReputationRep:
    Quick update: not nervous for sixth form interview as two of my mates have interviews at the same time as mine and are also sleeping at my other friend's house

ReputationRep:
    Funny-ish story from today: Physics has always been my weakest science. I've always struggled with it so have been working hard at home to improve myself. Today in lesson the teacher explains how a loudspeaker works etc etc, then asks the class what the difference is between a longitudinal and a transverse wave. The entire class looks confused so I stick my hand up (rarely do this) and say "the oscillations in a longitudinal wave are parallel to the direction of energy transfer whereas the oscillations in a transverse wave are perpendicular to the direction of energy transfer." The whole class looks at me like "wtf :O". I then go on to explain compressions and rarefactions in terms of air particles and again get a "wtf :O" look. Everyone was so surprised because 1) I rarely put my hand up and 2) I've always struggled a lot with physics. Even the teacher was impressed. I find it quite funny because the looks people gave me were amusing

Anyway, today's summary 13/10/17:
    - Revised y=mx+c graphs, Trigonometry and similar shapes for maths
    - Wrote out a few French essays, including 'Les ambitions' and 'L'environnement'

Not a lot, but still pretty happy with today overall

Submit reply
Updated: October 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.