Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone share their top effective revision strategies?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I'm in year 11 and am aiming for medicine so need good results. I want to start revising however I don't know HOW. There's so many strategies/techniques and I don't know where to start. I also have quite a few extra curriculars, so I'll have to fit revision around those too. I think I'll struggle balancing all my subjects, because I'm not very organised. Also need some anti-procrastination tips

The subjects I do are English Language, English Literature, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Religious Studies and French if anyone has any specific tips.

I appreciate any replies
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    As for anti-procrastination tips, I can't help you😂 considering that I left all my revision except for french vocab until the night before or the morning of the exam:/
    For French, I'd suggest finding the exam board's core vocabulary list (I'm sure if every board does this, I know CCEA does) and learn a section each week as it really lightens the revision load by May/June! For maths past papers are probably what worked most for me, aswell as reading through my class work book to recap on methods and things like that which is forgotten within 1.5 years. But for basically every other subject, I just did the odd past paper question and then looked through the textbook and my notes again. I also heard that sleeping right after revision helps you remember what you learned!!
    Good luck!!😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleIrishGeek)
    As for anti-procrastination tips, I can't help you😂 considering that I left all my revision except for french vocab until the night before or the morning of the exam:/
    For French, I'd suggest finding the exam board's core vocabulary list (I'm sure if every board does this, I know CCEA does) and learn a section each week as it really lightens the revision load by May/June! For maths past papers are probably what worked most for me, aswell as reading through my class work book to recap on methods and things like that which is forgotten within 1.5 years. But for basically every other subject, I just did the odd past paper question and then looked through the textbook and my notes again. I also heard that sleeping right after revision helps you remember what you learned!!
    Good luck!!😊
    Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.