Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do I only attract the ‘wrong’ people? Watch

Okay so I’d like to make it clear that I’m not saying anything bad about this group, I mean ‘wrong’ as in the ones who actively involve themselves in crime (taking drugs, asb and a few older guys who sell drugs). These are the ONLY type of guys interested in me. It’s usually Asian between my age (18) and like 30 who’ll approach me at school or in the street. And the worst are the ones who’ll drive by reaaaalllyyyyy slow in a group of friends and will just stare (even when they see I’m clearly uncomfortable) and then turn the car around and speak to me. I just don’t understand why it’s only these guys and so many of them too. I’ve never been liked by someone who focuses on their education/work. It’s always the same type who don’t give a shi*t about achieving anything but social status amongst their little gangs. I don’t dress ‘chavvy’-I wear jeans and t-shirts. lol this may seem like a weird post but I’m genuinely confused as to why these are the only group I seem to attract. I’m not too bad and not all that great either-I’m just average looking and yet I can’t seem to attract anyone even remotely normal. Lol someone please shed some light (in accordance to personal experience) or advice on how I would go about finding a motivated guy.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    another one

ReputationRep:
    The kind of guys you are looking for (the good education/career focused type) have been taught that they should not stare at or approach girls because this could make them uncomfortable. They have been taught to respect female boundaries and not look at them in a sexual manner so even when they are possibly attracted to you, they will not show it.

The only guys who don't care about these boundaries are the bad boys. This is why they approach and the reason why they succeed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.