Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guyssss
    Thought I’d make a new pharmacy applicant page seeing as the other forum was full of pharmacy propaganda telling us not to take the course... lol

Anyway I sent my personal statement off today woooo! I’m applying to Nottingham, Kings, Cardiff, Birmingham and Reading ☺️. Predicted AAA (bio chem psych)

Feel free to leave below where you’re applying to and so on!! Best of luck to you all x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Xx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Gonna send my application off sooonn
    also with AAA

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the deadline for pharmacy is? It it just the normal one around jan or earlier
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibz123)
    Does anyone know when the deadline for pharmacy is? It it just the normal one around jan or earlier
    Yepp

ReputationRep:
    So it’s the normal deadline? Does anyone know around when the interviews are???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chen881020)
    I send my application to Cambridge, ICL, UCL, KCL and Manchester last week!!! Good luck for you xx
    Do cambridge offer pharmacy???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibz123)
    So it’s the normal deadline? Does anyone know around when the interviews are???
    its the normal deadline - 15th january.

depending on when you submit your application will depend on which batch of interviews you get on to. The earliest ones are at the start of next month and then they'll be periodically from that point depending on how many applications they've had

ReputationRep:
    I’m predicted A*AA in Chem, Maths and Music and I’m applying to Nottingham, De Montfort, Keele, Cardiff and Lincoln

ReputationRep:
    Dont study pharmacy its boring and useless.

ReputationRep:
    Predicted A*A*A* in maths, bio and chem. Applying to UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham, Reading and Bristol (Pharmacology). Is it alright to talk about things you're going to do like work experience in your P.S - 'I'm looking forward to completing.....'?
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simran__)
    Predicted A*A*A* in maths, bio and chem. Applying to UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham, Reading and Bristol (Pharmacology). Is it alright to talk about things you're going to do like work experience in your P.S - 'I'm looking forward to completing.....'?
    Wow! Nice predicted grades. In your personal statement speak about all the work experience you have done more so than want you want to complete

ReputationRep:
    you should try and study medicine. Trust me I've had friends that did pharmacy and hated it when they were doing there actual jobs as pharmacists and the pay isn't that good either

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did it was just one sentence about a pharmacy counter course I'm doing and a work experience placement in the next couple of weeks
    (Original post by queengeeg)
    Wow! Nice predicted grades. In your personal statement speak about all the work experience you have done more so than want you want to complete

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alibino)
    you should try and study medicine. Trust me I've had friends that did pharmacy and hated it when they were doing there actual jobs as pharmacists and the pay isn't that good either
    It's a bit late now but I might take a gap year if I get good A Level grades and do work experience. I've been working in a pharmacy and i enjoy dispensing and helping manage the pharmacy but obviously its different for the pharmacist.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit late now but I might take a gap year if I get good A Level grades and do work experience. I've been working in a pharmacy and i enjoy dispensing and helping manage the pharmacy but obviously its different for the pharmacist.
    im just saying from experience it becomes really boring. my dads a pharmacist so i used to work with him for 3 years and i literally learnt everything a pharmacist does. It gets repetitive and i just couldn't see myself potentially doing it as a job for the rest of my life and even my dad said it is boring and he hates it. If pharmacy is what you really love and you can see yourself doing it as a job for a long time then go ahead but I'm just saying that i found it boring. Also if you finish medicine and wanted a job youre pretty much guaranteed a job

ReputationRep:
    Hi guyssss
    Thought I’d make a new pharmacy applicant page seeing as the other forum was full of pharmacy propaganda telling us not to take the course... lol

Anyway I sent my personal statement off today woooo! I’m applying to Nottingham, Kings, Cardiff, Birmingham and Reading ☺️. Predicted AAA (bio chem psych)

Feel free to leave below where you’re applying to and so on!! Best of luck to you all x
    It is not propaganda, it is reality. You can bury your head in the sand all you want but you will graduate and enter the world eventually.
    If you want to take the course by any means take it, but be aware of the reality.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velvetsky)
    It is not propaganda, it is reality. You can bury your head in the sand all you want but you will graduate and enter the real world eventually.
    If you want to take the course by any means take it, but be aware of the reality.
    Im surprised someone reported this post. Just goes to show why young Brits lag behind in common sense compared to the rest of the world. They are purposely oblivious to the information and warnings put in front of them in a plate and still go ahead without doing research.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.