The Student Room Group

MIgrant worker application question

Hey,

I applied about 4 weeks ago for student finance as a migrant worker. Could you please tell me how long can it take for my application to be processed?

Also, I couldn't seem to find an answer to this and I'm just curious, how much maintenance loan would a migrant worker student get?

Thank you!
Original post by oxcahyni
Hey,

I applied about 4 weeks ago for student finance as a migrant worker. Could you please tell me how long can it take for my application to be processed?

Also, I couldn't seem to find an answer to this and I'm just curious, how much maintenance loan would a migrant worker student get?

Thank you!

Hi oxcahyni,

It's currently taking the Migrant Worker team 27 days to process applications (so a little over five weeks).

Migrant Worker students get the same funding as Home students. The student finance calculator will help estimate the amount of funding you may get.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi oxcahyni,

It's currently taking the Migrant Worker team 27 days to process applications (so a little over five weeks).

Migrant Worker students get the same funding as Home students. The student finance calculator will help estimate the amount of funding you may get.

Regards,

Stuart

Thank you very much for the reply :smile:

I tried the calculator, but if I choose to do it as a Home, UK student, I have to state things like household income, which doesn't apply to me as an independent migrant worker. But anyway, I guess I'll just wait and see.

Thanks again!
Original post by oxcahyni
Thank you very much for the reply :smile:

I tried the calculator, but if I choose to do it as a Home, UK student, I have to state things like household income, which doesn't apply to me as an independent migrant worker. But anyway, I guess I'll just wait and see.

Thanks again!

Hi oxcahyni,

If you are granted Migrant Worker status you are assessed in the same way as a Home student. So the estimates on the calculator would apply as full funding is based on household income.

If you are under 25 and classed as an Independent Student (or over 25 and single) your household income is effectively zero.

If you are a Dependent Student (or over 25 and not single) then the level of funding would be based on your parents' (or partner's) taxable income figure.

Regards,

Stuart
Reply 4
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi oxcahyni,

If you are granted Migrant Worker status you are assessed in the same way as a Home student. So the estimates on the calculator would apply as full funding is based on household income.

If you are under 25 and classed as an Independent Student (or over 25 and single) your household income is effectively zero.

If you are a Dependent Student (or over 25 and not single) then the level of funding would be based on your parents' (or partner's) taxable income figure.

Regards,

Stuart

Oh I see now.

Okay then, thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest