Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I applied about 4 weeks ago for student finance as a migrant worker. Could you please tell me how long can it take for my application to be processed?

Also, I couldn't seem to find an answer to this and I'm just curious, how much maintenance loan would a migrant worker student get?

Thank you!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxcahyni)
    Hey,

I applied about 4 weeks ago for student finance as a migrant worker. Could you please tell me how long can it take for my application to be processed?

Also, I couldn't seem to find an answer to this and I'm just curious, how much maintenance loan would a migrant worker student get?

Thank you!
    Hi oxcahyni,

It's currently taking the Migrant Worker team 27 days to process applications (so a little over five weeks).

Migrant Worker students get the same funding as Home students. The student finance calculator will help estimate the amount of funding you may get.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi oxcahyni,

It's currently taking the Migrant Worker team 27 days to process applications (so a little over five weeks).

Migrant Worker students get the same funding as Home students. The student finance calculator will help estimate the amount of funding you may get.

Regards,

Stuart
    Thank you very much for the reply

I tried the calculator, but if I choose to do it as a Home, UK student, I have to state things like household income, which doesn't apply to me as an independent migrant worker. But anyway, I guess I'll just wait and see.

Thanks again!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxcahyni)
    Thank you very much for the reply

I tried the calculator, but if I choose to do it as a Home, UK student, I have to state things like household income, which doesn't apply to me as an independent migrant worker. But anyway, I guess I'll just wait and see.

Thanks again!
    Hi oxcahyni,

If you are granted Migrant Worker status you are assessed in the same way as a Home student. So the estimates on the calculator would apply as full funding is based on household income.

If you are under 25 and classed as an Independent Student (or over 25 and single) your household income is effectively zero.

If you are a Dependent Student (or over 25 and not single) then the level of funding would be based on your parents' (or partner's) taxable income figure.

Regards,

Stuart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuart SFE)
    Hi oxcahyni,

If you are granted Migrant Worker status you are assessed in the same way as a Home student. So the estimates on the calculator would apply as full funding is based on household income.

If you are under 25 and classed as an Independent Student (or over 25 and single) your household income is effectively zero.

If you are a Dependent Student (or over 25 and not single) then the level of funding would be based on your parents' (or partner's) taxable income figure.

Regards,

Stuart
    Oh I see now.

Okay then, thanks a lot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.