The Student Room Group

"Cashing in"

Hi everyone. My alevel results were ABB. In the breakdown in 2 of my A-levels, I had gotten:
Government & Politics: A (Contemporary Govt UK as), U (Contemporary Pol UK as), B (US a2), A (Comparative US a2) = B overall
Religious Studies: A (ethics As), B (philosophy As), A (ethics a2), E (philosophy a2) = B overall
I'm taking a gap year, and want to resit the two units I failed in (E&U) - one which was an AS, the other an A2, so my entire A-level grades can be bumped up to an A so I have AAA. I'm a private candidate and registering with a centre. I don't understand what "cashing in" is. Do I cash in exams I did well on? Do I have to cash in on the entire A-level? Is it even possible to cash in on one unit of an AS and not cash in on the other? Because for Gov&Pol AS I just cashed in the code H095 (even though I plan to retake the UK Politics aspect as my UK Government was fine). Likewise for RS, I can cash in on the AS, but one unit of my A2 - I flopped so do I not cash in on the advanced GCSE RS?

Sorry I'm rambling. I'm just confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated or information from anyone who has gone through the same thing.
Yes cash in money in the bank
Reply 2
Cash-in is a term that only applies to modular subjects and to whole qualifications, so an AS or an A level. You need to cash-in your A level Politics and your A level RS. It should be free if you do it at the same time as entering for the exam units.

Quick Reply