Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what advice would you give me with anything on this topic, from what to put in your personal statement to what its like at edinburgh. What were peoples offers for politics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice Helly)
    what advice would you give me with anything on this topic, from what to put in your personal statement to what its like at edinburgh. What were peoples offers for politics?
    I'm applying as well for courses around this subject would be interested to know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice Helly)
    Hello, I'm a first year student studying Politics at UoE. As far as your personal statement goes, put in any relevant work experience (I worked for MPs and in the Scottish Parliament). As far as the course goes, its fine but very dry to begin with as its Politics and IR. If you're doing A Level you'll probably be more accustomed to the course content compared to a Scottish student (like myself). However, the lecturers are great and the tutors are really helpful and friendly! Just be prepared for a lot of reading and I would advise you from now on to pay close attention to the News, polls, statistics etc and this will really help as your participation in tutorials counts for 10% of your grade. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.