Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's it like?
    If any, because I heard it's a really small town, with less than half the population of where I live (which is already quiet!)

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on what you're looking for.
    There's like only a couple of streets, there is the main street which has your student union, your coffee shops, subway, pubs etc and there are a lot of tourists.
    But in terms of clubbing - I heard that its just the Student Union, don't know how factual that is.
    The beach is relatively close and you can go to ceilidh every Friday etc. Some gardens, museums, aquarium, golfing etc
    Dundee is half an hour away on the bus, idk if you get a bus card or w/e but if not it's like £5 one way.

ReputationRep:
    Do you go there?

ReputationRep:
    If you do, then what is your personal opinion, do you enjoy it there? What do you not like?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fresher. I don't club, but there are two places people go: the union (which has the Friday night Bop for like 3 pounds) and the Vic (which I think is more expensive). I quite like St Andrews, it's got gobs of societies which are constantly putting on events if that's what you're interested in but you can also just relax at home if you don't like to go out. There are four grocery stores (though two are a fair walk away from town), lots of little shops, some cute but overpriced thrift stores, and some really lovely park spaces. Round trip bus to Dundee (30-60 mins, depending on time of day) is about 7 pounds if you need to get out for a little while.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.