Turn on thread page Beta

Can I fake a reference on my CV? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Say if I put a reference as my friend and gave their email so they can pretend to be an employer could that work? Yes I know its wrong but realistically could I get caught?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah it works if your friend can act when s/he’s on the phone. But they’d probably suspect something if it was all to be completely positive. Just make it between a mix of neutral and positive feedback about you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't think employers are that stupid tbh.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by danny787)
    Say if I put a reference as my friend and gave their email so they can pretend to be an employer could that work? Yes I know its wrong but realistically could I get caught?
    Perfectly possible and you may get away with it. If they check and find out they may/will dismiss you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureUoBstudent)
    Oh yeah it works if your friend can act when s/he’s on the phone. But they’d probably suspect something if it was all to be completely positive. Just make it between a mix of neutral and positive feedback about you
    I'll give an email just to be on the safe side

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.