Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had maths today. My teacher, who I actually like, called me up to do an equation in the board. Because I forgot to do the working out for a couple questions, I guess thats fair enough so he could see if I understood the work. Kind of felt like a punishment?

Anyway, I worked out the question in my book and was then called up to do it on the board. I made the mistake of not bribing my book and I didn't want to look like an idiot by going to get it, so I left it.

My brain froze. Just froze. I was shaking, gasping, and I was trying to keep it a secret of course. Everybody was watching me. People were being kind, saying things like "go (my name), you can do it" and telling sir it was a little mean to call me up. I was clearly nervous but they probably couldn't see to the extent. I saw back down afterwards, buried my head in my hands and started crying. Nobody except the girl next to me saw and she was super sweet about it, god I must've looked ridiculous. A high school student in year ten crying over being called up. Imagine that. When my friends asked me why my eyes were red at break I said I felt unwell and have a really bad cold. They're not in my maths. The one who is didn't seem to notice anything or if she did she didn't say.So I'm not sure what to do. The memory is embarrassing me and everybody was fine and nobody really saw me cry but everybody was watching me shake, judging me. This is more than shyness, this is a real problem and I couldn't calm myself down. I don't even know why I was crying. I got the question right! I just made a couple stupid mistakes because I wasn't thinking well but overall I got the right answer. Anyway. I'm embarrassed, ashamed of myself m, worried that people saw and I don't know what to do. Help me.

ReputationRep:
    Note. Books do not accept bribes. However, bringing your book to the front might help next time. Doesn't matter, just something that will happen in your life.
    - BIG STANNY

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.