Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I didn't go to school last week Thursday and the school called my mum saying that I'm not in so my mum worried and called the police and they got involved and i don't know what to do now because the teachers on my case so are my parents. What should i do

(Original post by Spotify)
    So basically I didn't go to school last week Thursday and the school called my mum saying that I'm not in so my mum worried and called the police and they got involved and i don't know what to do now because the teachers on my case so are my parents. What should i do
    Run
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why did you miss school? If it wasn't an illegal thing that you were doing then just tell the truth about why, and deal with the telling off and punishment your school might give.

Spoiler:
    Show

If it was an illegal thing I still urge you to tell the truth

ReputationRep:
    It depends on why you skipped school and if it’s a specific reason then you should talk to your school counsellor or school nurse if you don’t want to tell your parents I mean I know a lot of people who have skipped class they have detentions but that’s about it cause they have spoken to someone they trust ie. tutor or year tutor
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't skip school too much. If you miss too much school your parents can get a fine. If they don't pay that, they go to prison. Don't mean to scare you - it was only a week. Just saying if you do this regularly then it will happen

ReputationRep:
    Best thing is to just tell the truth before it gets any worse. The police are already involved. I mean we've all skipped a bit of school in our lives, okay maybe not a whole day maybe just a lesson or 2, but the point is even If you've got something to hide like you were doing something that day you don't want your mum to find out just tell the truth. You can't run away from something like this and you can't lie your way out of it. The school/police might even get child protection services and social services involved in this matter and they might even blame your mum in extreme circumstances. But it could happen. So it's best just to stay on the safe side, admit you were foolish and wrong to skip an important part of your learning and say you're sorry and that it won't happen again. You probably still might get a punishment but it most likely won't be as serious as it would be if you lie.

Hope this helps and Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie P)
    It depends on why you skipped school and if it’s a specific reason then you should talk to your school counsellor or school nurse if you don’t want to tell your parents
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    faeeza for some reason you sound like the police
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Just lie that you were being bullied or something...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.