Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going on holiday before gcses??? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was offered a trip to Rome with my school to accompany my Latin studies in year 10. It sounded really exciting and a great experience so I took it.
    I didn't realise it fell during the Easter break before my gcses and I'm really worried it's going to hinder my performance. We have already paid for it so there is no going back. It's a week long and I really wanna be excited for it but whenever I think about it, I worry it's going to affect my grades. I dunno something about the plane makes me feel like it's going to mess up my brain. Or if something happens while I'm there.
    Are my worries justified?? What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend you go on it, even if you have done all your revision to top notch. Unless you're gonna go over your stuff every day of the trip it might put you in the wrong mindset before exams. Easter breaks are a mixture of relaxing and slowly going over stuff that you hopefully should understand. Exam mode should start kicking in. If the trip finished a week or more before exams start, then heavily consider whether you'll know all your stuff and if you'll have the time to go over it the week before the exam. Be 100% relaxed, and leave the weekend before exams free, before exam mode kicks in the day before the first exam and you start really going over your stuff.

Not to stress you out though. I went on a trip to Iceland last October during half term (took exams this year) and i did some revision during that time, namely memorising writing test essays for my language exams. But that was October. Also, I didn't properly start revising till Christmas because I was wrongly deluded into thinking I could go through a 200 page chemistry textbook and do all the questions. If I were in your shoes, I'd start revising properly right now if I wanted to go on the trip, so that I am relaxed about everything I need to know.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.