Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've just recently discovered that my only 'real friend' was fake i'm glad she left me anyway bc she was making me unhappy but now i dont really have any friends and no-one asks me what the matter is and i've become completely isolated from everyone. The thing is i really reallly want attention bc no-one notices me anymore, but i dont want people to judge me and call me an attention seeker. i've never been able to make friends just like that, its just always been really hard for me
    Can anyone else relate or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    i feel you, i've got to know a fair number of fake friends

buts its okay, we can be besties

ReputationRep:
    step 1 : say hi to person in your class/course

step 2 : stalk them till you find something you have in common

step 3 : talk to them about that common thing

step 4 : let it click from there

ReputationRep:
    No 😐 I've never had fake friends because I pick my friends carefully but I have lost friends only because of distance. So now I don't really care about making friends or enemies. I just want mutual respect from neighbours, co-workers, course-mates, and men.

Anyway you sound like a six former and trust me there's more to life hun.

Yes, i can relate 100%

(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
      step 1 : say hi to person in your class/course

step 2 : stalk them till you find something you have in common

step 3 : talk to them about that common thing

step 4 : let it click from there
      Been there done that its not that easy

[
      QUOTE=Salt Queen;74062344]No 😐 I've never had fake friends because I pick my friends carefully but I have lost friends only because of distance. So now I don't really care about making friends or enemies. I just want mutual respect from neighbours, co-workers, course-mates, and men.

Anyway you sound like a six former and trust me there's more to life hun.[/QUOTE]
      Wow you're psychic how did you know I was a sixth former

(Original post by Salt Queen)
      No 😐 I've never had fake friends because I pick my friends carefully but I have lost friends only because of distance. So now I don't really care about making friends or enemies. I just want mutual respect from neighbours, co-workers, course-mates, and men.

Anyway you sound like a six former and trust me there's more to life hun.
      wOw you are psychic how did you know I'm a sixth former

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      wOw you are psychic how did you know I'm a sixth former
      I had the same concerns when I was at school 😌 now that I'm older I don't care about those things so much

Also TSR has a lot of 6th formers :teehee:

ReputationRep:
      i understand what you're going through and it is definately a good thing that she left as it would be a toxic friendship anyways. wanting attention is normal but you should just go with the flow and see where life takes you. just because youre alone now, does not mean you will be alone forever good things come to those who wait

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.