Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I deal with my parents financial problems? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so i know its none of my business, but it does effect me as I am a very sensitive person, my parents haven't been the best parents you could possibly think of. Firstly they told me about their financial problems and I'm only 14. Whenever i ask my parents to buy me something they would say they don't have enough money so i have to chose wisely. I'm not blaming them its just made me feel quite bad thinking my parents are going through a lot as they are paying for my sisters school fees which is a heck of a lot as she failed her AS (first year of sixth form). Also they have to pay fro the mortgage and then private tuition fees for me and my sister a couple of times a week. I probably sound very ungrateful right now, but I'm not i really appreciate everything they're doing for me but i just haven't been able to be myself lately, I've been sad most of the time (i also suffer from depression). Can somebody please give me advice on how to stay calm and not stress out too much? thanks i would really appreciate it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

You parents are doing a wonderful job and trying their best with the financial situation for trying to pay the mortgage and also your sister's school fee's.

In the meantime, you could get yourself a paper round job in you wanted to earn money on this side, ask for your newsagents around your local area.

You could ask your sister to get a job on a Saturday or something, theirs plenty of warehouse jobs available and plenty of waiter work available too. This could ease some financial pressure.

Remember, you are only young and there are many pathways, you could do A-levels in the future, do a BTEC, do an apprenticeship, HNC or go straight into work. So whatever happens, there is always a way out. Even if you decide to go to work,further down the line you want to get a degree, you can do an Access to HE course to get into uni.

Follow your passions, do things that you enjoy doing, partake in a hobby.

Watch a movie on your laptop, perhaps watch interesting things on Youtube, go to the library and pick up an interesting book to read.

Stay optimistic, there are many amazing movies to see in the future, interesting books to read, great places to visit, more exciting sports matches to watch and amazing people to meet as you get older.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, but my parents don't encourage me or my sister to find a job as they want us to focus on our education and nothing else. But thank you so much anyways.
    (Original post by Analyst89)
    Hey

You parents are doing a wonderful job and trying their best with the financial situation for trying to pay the mortgage and also your sister's school fee's.

In the meantime, you could get yourself a paper round job in you wanted to earn money on this side, ask for your newsagents around your local area.

You could ask your sister to get a job on a Saturday or something, theirs plenty of warehouse jobs available and plenty of waiter work available too. This could ease some financial pressure.

Remember, you are only young and there are many pathways, you could do A-levels in the future, do a BTEC, do an apprenticeship, HNC or go straight into work. So whatever happens, there is always a way out. Even if you decide to go to work,further down the line you want to get a degree, you can do an Access to HE course to get into uni.

Follow your passions, do things that you enjoy doing, partake in a hobby.

Watch a movie on your laptop, perhaps watch interesting things on Youtube, go to the library and pick up an interesting book to read.

Stay optimistic, there are many amazing movies to see in the future, interesting books to read, great places to visit, more exciting sports matches to watch and amazing people to meet as you get older.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.