Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I havent seen a thread like this, so I though i should creatii

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it seems like no one on the Student Room is applying for economic history :/

What are your AS, predicted and GCSE grades?

Mine are:
    1A*, 4A, 4B, 2C's
    AABB = AS grades
    A*AA = Predicted grades

Just got my initial assessment email today, what do you think are my chances of receiving an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMajid)
    Yeh it seems like no one on the Student Room is applying for economic history :/

Mine are:
    1A*, 4A, 4B, 2C's
    AABB = AS grades
    A*AA = Predicted grades

Just got my initial assessment email today, what do you think are my chances of receiving an offer?
    What do you mean initial assessment email? Also when did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya0111)
    What do you mean initial assessment email? Also when did you send your application off?
    It's an email which says they're gonna start assessing my application.

I submitted on the 19th October

ReputationRep:
    lol I think I found the only other person applying for it. What are the other courses you are applying for? I still havent decided between their history course and their economic history course. I am a bit worried about applying for economic history because most of my PS is geared towards why I want to study history though when I talk about my interest in history I talk about economic history books I've read. What is your PS like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrinkerOfCups)
    lol I think I found the only other person applying for it. What are the other courses you are applying for? I still havent decided between their history course and their economic history course. I am a bit worried about applying for economic history because most of my PS is geared towards why I want to study history though when I talk about my interest in history I talk about economic history books I've read. What is your PS like?
    Mine is mainly economics based, because I am applying for econ everywhere else!

ReputationRep:
    haha fair enough, I went to a student shadowing day and asked someone how they structured their personal statement.She was applying to like 5 different courses from straight history to straight economics with things like Russian studies with economics in between. She said a mix is fine and that LSE recognise that because it is such a niche course they are used to people not devoting their PS 100% to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrinkerOfCups)
    haha fair enough, I went to a student shadowing day and asked someone how they structured their personal statement.She was applying to like 5 different courses from straight history to straight economics with things like Russian studies with economics in between. She said a mix is fine and that LSE recognise that because it is such a niche course they are used to people not devoting their PS 100% to it.
    I've heard lots of mixed responses about LSE and personal statements. LSE is highly competitive and I think it's very important to make sure your PS is tailored towards the course you are applying for at the LSE. Other uni's won't look into your PS as in-depth as LSE will.

I applied for 5 diff courses but I tailored my PS purely to LSE's economic history and so far have received 2 offers, one from Kings for political economy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMajid)

Mine are:
    1A*, 4A, 4B, 2C's
    AABB = AS grades
    A*AA = Predicted grades

Have you received an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    How come no one talks on here? Anyone got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get any offers?

ReputationRep:
    I will apply for Economic History, or international history. GCSEs: 2A*, 4As, 3Bs. AS: AAAA, predicted A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello1236969)
    are we all applying to the joint honours econ & econ history?

i submit my application on the 15th nov. no correspondence yet

GCSE: 5A* 6A
    AS:AAA
    Predictions: A*A*A*

anyone else want to share?
    i'm applying for only straight 'economic history'.

ReputationRep:
    I am an international student. Still waiting for an offer too. They say LSE is quite terrible when it comes to developing a social life, is it true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abenitez)
    I am an international student. Still waiting for an offer too. They say LSE is quite terrible when it comes to developing a social life, is it true?
    Lowest student satisfaction rating in the country I believe...

I can't judge on how good or bad they are as I don't go there but there must be some truth to it...

Most people who apply to LSE don't necessarily go there to have fun but rather to have good job prospects in the future tho...

ReputationRep:
    Any applicants for joint honours Bsc Econ & Econ History?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello1236969)
    Any applicants for joint honours Bsc Econ & Econ History?
    Yeah, got the 8 weeks email on 30th Oct and haven't heard anything since

ReputationRep:
    Hey, am I throwing an application down the drain.

I got 7Bs and 3cs GCSE but have extenuating circumstances for this (social workers, large family issues etc).

A levels- A( German), B (econ), B (politics).

This year taking A level maths- predicted an A and got 100% in recent mock. Am re taking economics and my reference states that I missed an A by 2 marks and achieved solid A in 2 out of the 3 papers.

Extra stuff- set up econ society, rugby captain, jp morgan programme etc.

course I like- Economics and Economic history.

Is it worth applying as my reference shows I am exponentially improving academically each year and UCL and Warwick both strongly advised me to apply to them. Moreover, can I send additional part of statement more focussed on economic history side as my other courses mainly incorporate economics and business/languages
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Hey, am I throwing an application down the drain.

I got 7Bs and 3cs GCSE but have extenuating circumstances for this (social workers, large family issues etc).

A levels- A( German), B (econ), B (politics).

This year taking A level maths- predicted an A and got 100% in recent mock. Am re taking economics and my reference states that I missed an A by 2 marks and achieved solid A in 2 out of the 3 papers.

Extra stuff- set up econ society, rugby captain, jp morgan programme etc.

course I like- Economics and Economic history.

Is it worth applying as my reference shows I am exponentially improving academically each year and UCL and Warwick both strongly advised me to apply to them. Moreover, can I send additional part of statement more focussed on economic history side as my other courses mainly incorporate economics and business/languages
    thanks
    hey, great results btw. are you a retake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomLuxtino)
    Yeah, got the 8 weeks email on 30th Oct and haven't heard anything since
    what alevels, gcses, as grades did u get?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.