Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I havent seen a thread like this, so I though i should creatii

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it seems like no one on the Student Room is applying for economic history :/

What are your AS, predicted and GCSE grades?

Mine are:
    1A*, 4A, 4B, 2C's
    AABB = AS grades
    A*AA = Predicted grades

Just got my initial assessment email today, what do you think are my chances of receiving an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedMajid)
    Yeh it seems like no one on the Student Room is applying for economic history :/

What are your AS, predicted and GCSE grades?

Mine are:
    1A*, 4A, 4B, 2C's
    AABB = AS grades
    A*AA = Predicted grades

Just got my initial assessment email today, what do you think are my chances of receiving an offer?
    What do you mean initial assessment email? Also when did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanya0111)
    What do you mean initial assessment email? Also when did you send your application off?
    It's an email which says they're gonna start assessing my application.

I submitted on the 19th October

ReputationRep:
    lol I think I found the only other person applying for it. What are the other courses you are applying for? I still havent decided between their history course and their economic history course. I am a bit worried about applying for economic history because most of my PS is geared towards why I want to study history though when I talk about my interest in history I talk about economic history books I've read. What is your PS like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrinkerOfCups)
    lol I think I found the only other person applying for it. What are the other courses you are applying for? I still havent decided between their history course and their economic history course. I am a bit worried about applying for economic history because most of my PS is geared towards why I want to study history though when I talk about my interest in history I talk about economic history books I've read. What is your PS like?
    Mine is mainly economics based, because I am applying for econ everywhere else!

ReputationRep:
    haha fair enough, I went to a student shadowing day and asked someone how they structured their personal statement.She was applying to like 5 different courses from straight history to straight economics with things like Russian studies with economics in between. She said a mix is fine and that LSE recognise that because it is such a niche course they are used to people not devoting their PS 100% to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrinkerOfCups)
    haha fair enough, I went to a student shadowing day and asked someone how they structured their personal statement.She was applying to like 5 different courses from straight history to straight economics with things like Russian studies with economics in between. She said a mix is fine and that LSE recognise that because it is such a niche course they are used to people not devoting their PS 100% to it.
    I've heard lots of mixed responses about LSE and personal statements. LSE is highly competitive and I think it's very important to make sure your PS is tailored towards the course you are applying for at the LSE. Other uni's won't look into your PS as in-depth as LSE will.

I applied for 5 diff courses but I tailored my PS purely to LSE's economic history and so far have received 2 offers, one from Kings for political economy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.