Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Have you read a particularly good and/or enjoyable book that you would recommend? Here is the place to post about it! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)
    Have you read a particularly good and/or enjoyable book that you would recommend? Here is the place to post about it! :grin:
    Well my recommendations have to include Tolkien my favourite being the silmarilion, but if I’m not in the mood for a book which requires that much brain power that the valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey. They are classic sword and sorcery style, there is also a lot of them so you can pick a series that appeals to you as you can mostly get away with reading the sets out of order. My personal favourites have to be the last herald mage set which focus on the life of herald mage vanyel who has quite an interesting storyline before making some surprise appearances in later books.

Just as a warning though some of these books do contain scenes of torture and rape, they are not in detail but if this affects you I would recommend you check the book before reading it as the majority are fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.