Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! For those of you have previously sat the HAT, what would you advise in terms of prep?

I’m struggling a bit with question 1 because I’m not really used to summarising arguments and stuff. Does anyone have any advice on how to hone those skills?

Also, how would you structure the essay questions?

I know you’re not meant to do loads of preparation but I don’t feel very confident yet.

Thanks in advance!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Use past papers & marking guides provided on Oxford website. I did not prepare enough but I'd say the best way to learn is to do at least 2-3 practice papers under exam conditions & get teachers/others to review/mark...ask them to be critical. There are people offering model answers etc. but I've always found trying to do things myself then discussing with teachers a better learning experience.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.