Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today I was chatting with my friends some of which have had sex or planning to, they were talking about it. Me being a virgin didn’t have much to say so I just kept quiet. One of them let’s call her Sharon turned to me and asked me when I wanted to have sex, bare in mind we’re all 14/15. I responded “when I’m ready, I would want it to be with someone I really trust and know he isn’t taking advantage of me” they all just laughed which offended me a bit but I let it slide. Sharon then went on to say that she thinks that “You’re one of those people who won’t have sex until you’re around 20” which I was mad at but I just laughed. Another girl let’s call her Lisa then said “I think if you have a good body you might aswell use it sooner than later, I know a girl that regrets not doing stuff when she was our age because now she has a horrible body” at this point I’d lost a few brain cells just listening to them. Tbh I’m a little bit worried, I don’t have a great body. Definitely not one ready for sex and I feel like that’s a reason they look down on me. I’m not sure how to respond to people like this without embarrassing myself or making myself sound lame?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Totoro2234)
    Today I was chatting with my friends some of which have had sex or planning to, they were talking about it. Me being a virgin didn’t have much to say so I just kept quiet. One of them let’s call her Sharon turned to me and asked me when I wanted to have sex, bare in mind we’re all 14/15. I responded “when I’m ready, I would want it to be with someone I really trust and know he isn’t taking advantage of me” they all just laughed which offended me a bit but I let it slide. Sharon then went on to say that she thinks that “You’re one of those people who won’t have sex until you’re around 20” which I was mad at but I just laughed. Another girl let’s call her Lisa then said “I think if you have a good body you might aswell use it sooner than later, I know a girl that regrets not doing stuff when she was our age because now she has a horrible body” at this point I’d lost a few brain cells just listening to them. Tbh I’m a little bit worried, I don’t have a great body. Definitely not one ready for sex and I feel like that’s a reason they look down on me. I’m not sure how to respond to people like this without embarrassing myself or making myself sound lame?

I'd say drop them, the dont seem like smart people to hang around with, having sex at 14/15 is a stupid idea, I can imagine the lack of protection etc due to both parties being embarrassed to buy condoms etc. The "may as well use your body" part is also dumb as if you get certain STDs then you're a tad screwed. diseases on this list include:
    Spoiler:
    Show

chlamydia, genital warts, genital herpes, gonorrhoea, (among the treatable ones), but also hepatitis B&C, syphilis and HIV (among the incurable and/or very severe ones).

thats taken straight from google, do the deed when you are ready to and with someone you care about there's not much "lame" about being a virgin, especially at 14/15 its quite normal to lose your virginity at 18-20.
    to summarize: dont worry about it and maybe get new friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totoro2234)
    You shouldn't let them make you feel lame or daft. You're the one with self respect, you could be laughing at them. I agree with you so much, trust is very very important, and also respect. If a guy wants to get with you because just because you have a nice body, that's not respect, that is shallow and stupid. Your body shape should have nothing to do with it. Not to mention having sex before you are 16 is illegal anyway. They're the ones being lame :cool:

ReputationRep:
    so what if u dont do anything til you’re 20? at least you’ll know that you didn’t rush into anything and are ready. they’ll have to live with the memory of having a quick shag with jake in year 10 at the back of the fields or some scruffy crap like that. imagine being like them, so insecure of yourself that you feel like you have to consolidate your popularity by doing a lad/girl that couldn’t care less about you. be glad you’re not like them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.