Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get his attention Watch

Announcements

Basically I like this boy who's really quiet in my class but hes too quiet that idk how to make conversation bc it just falls flat after a few minutes bc we re both shy ive only had a few interactions with him but I really want to befriend him, help?

ReputationRep:
    You are interested in him right? Then you must be curious about him and his life, interest, etc. Find out what he likes, or even better ask him stuff to find out what he likes. Normally, when people talk about something that interests them, they'll be more open and enthusiastic about it.
    Or find out something that you both have in common (but i know that's hard lol)

ReputationRep:
    always ask him about homework lol so you have something to talk about

(Original post by cookiedough30)
    You are interested in him right? Then you must be curious about him and his life, interest, etc. Find out what he likes, or even better ask him stuff to find out what he likes. Normally, when people talk about something that interests them, they'll be more open and enthusiastic about it.
    Or find out something that you both have in common (but i know that's hard lol)
    where? My class is too quiet and focused on the work that I dont think he'll appreicate me distracting him from his work since we always get loads. do you think it will be weird asking to sit with him during a free if hes by himself even if theres loads of free tables around him?

(Original post by btsseokjin)
    always ask him about homework lol so you have something to talk about
    i spoke to him today outside our class and he seemed really bored/disinterested when i tried to speak to him, as soon as his friend came he started talking to him and went inside the classroom together. he seemed more talkative than usual to his friends but really quiet and mumbly when i tried to talk to him.....should i see that as a sign as he's not interested or just accept that hes really shy?

ReputationRep:
    Yea, if a guy leaves you while you having a conversation, it kinda means he's not interested. If you really like him, I'll say give him some time and see how he act

ReputationRep:
    Find out what he enjoys doing, and do that with him. Or invite him to do something with you.

(Original post by el_mannoo)
    Yea, if a guy leaves you while you having a conversation, it kinda means he's not interested. If you really like him, I'll say give him some time and see how he act
    the conversation died and then his friend came im hoping that counts for something?

(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Find out what he enjoys doing, and do that with him. Or invite him to do something with you.
    not even at the 'see each other in the corridors and say hi to each other' stage let alone invite him to something stage

ReputationRep:
    Great way is to pretend you need help with some work in class. If the class is really quiet wait till after and say something along the lines, 'hey *insert name*, i noticed your really comfortable with this topic and i didnt want to disturb u in class but i was wondering if i could have some help just getting my head around some stuff'. or something similar. setup a time to go library or whatever, and just take it from there.

He will jump on it if he likes u. I honestly dont think he does but, yeah a guy who likes a girl will take any opportunity to talk to her.

If he dont like you like that he will make a bunch of excuses. But its not the end of the world.

For me personally i think he just genuinely doesn't know u like him. But how old are u if u dont mind me asking? just so i can give have a better idea of the kind of advice to give

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    not even at the 'see each other in the corridors and say hi to each other' stage let alone invite him to something stage
    Who cares? You want to get to know him better, right? Showing interest is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Pretend you need help with some work and ask him to help you

(Original post by TheEngineer12345)
    Great way is to pretend you need help with some work in class. If the class is really quiet wait till after and say something along the lines, 'hey *insert name*, i noticed your really comfortable with this topic and i didnt want to disturb u in class but i was wondering if i could have some help just getting my head around some stuff'. or something similar. setup a time to go library or whatever, and just take it from there.

He will jump on it if he likes u. I honestly dont think he does but, yeah a guy who likes a girl will take any opportunity to talk to her.

If he dont like you like that he will make a bunch of excuses. But its not the end of the world.

For me personally i think he just genuinely doesn't know u like him. But how old are u if u dont mind me asking? just so i can give have a better idea of the kind of advice to give
    im 16, I don't really mind if he doesnt like me in a romantic way since we dont really know each other that much other than we're in the same class, also bc im new to the sixth form and nearly everyone was at the school already but I would like to befriend him and get close that way as i understand that it'd be weird if he liked me back for no reason....i just randomly have a crush on him for no reason but just want to be friends at this moment in time bc not enough time for a relationship w alevels

i might try your advice if i can think of an excuse, at the moment all of the work we're doing (art) is pretty much get on with it and do it bc it isnt that hard atm thank you

ReputationRep:
    Don't be afraid to escalate physically. Touch him and tell him he's cute. Worked for me, is how I hooked up on multiple occassions in fact.

Try finding similar interests? What I did was always ask him about coursework or what uni he is applying to and then it just goes from there but it's still so awkward.

Yeah..you have a crush on him without even knowing him. Stop being so superficial.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.