Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i’m a lesbian
    but there is a guy i kinda like who likes me back??
    but i know that as soon as i make a move and he reciprocates i’ll want to back out because i actually don’t like guys
    what is wrong with me
    i like girls physically if you get what i mean heh but guys are cute?? but i wouldnt date a guy?? HELP
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i’m a lesbian
    but there is a guy i kinda like who likes me back??
    but i know that as soon as i make a move and he reciprocates i’ll want to back out because i actually don’t like guys
    what is wrong with me
    i like girls physically if you get what i mean heh but guys are cute?? but i wouldnt date a guy?? HELP
    There are many things you can find cute, it doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to them.

If he likes you and he is made to know that you have generally only dated girls in the past, considering he finds this alright, I'd give it a go. Go on a date or two and see what it's like. I know of someone who was bisexual and they generally went out with girls but occasionally they might go on a date or two with a boy. If you don't find him 'cute' afterwards then simply go your separate ways, but if you do it might be worth trying for a relationship. It's up to you.

(Original post by Den987)
    There are many things you can find cute, it doesn't mean you are sexually attracted to them.

If he likes you and he is made to know that you have generally only dated girls in the past, considering he finds this alright, I'd give it a go. Go on a date or two and see what it's like. I know of someone who was bisexual and they generally went out with girls but occasionally they might go on a date or two with a boy. If you don't find him 'cute' afterwards then simply go your separate ways, but if you do it might be worth trying for a relationship. It's up to you.
    thank u, he knows i like girls and i turned him down for a date and explained to him- i felt so bad too. but he keeps talking to me! not necessarily flirting but i was surprised he kept in contact. like what an angel??? but i really don’t want to mess him around by now saying “hey actually lets give it a go” but i’d like to give it a go! ugh it’s just so confusing

thank u! i’m conflicted because we were going to go on a date but then i cancelled on him and told him i’m gay. idk what to do now bc i think i’d like to give it a go but i don’t want to mess him around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank u, he knows i like girls and i turned him down for a date and explained to him- i felt so bad too. but he keeps talking to me! not necessarily flirting but i was surprised he kept in contact. like what an angel??? but i really don’t want to mess him around by now saying “hey actually lets give it a go” but i’d like to give it a go! ugh it’s just so confusing
    I'd say if he keeps talking to you he might still be interested. For example, I know of a guy that was flirting with a friend of mine and when she turned him down, he was salty and said something like ''I wasn't interested anyway'', when it was obvious he was

He might just be friendly but he seems more interested to me. When you are comfortable just say to him, ''hey I haven't dated guys before so I'm a little nervous and not sure where this will go, but if you are still open for that date then I'm up for it''. But don't back out this time . If it works out then great and if not then you know you've tried and its just not for you.

ReputationRep:
    This is a problem of having labels. Just go with the flow. If you genuinely like him go for it... but then you probably have less of a chance now since you told him you're gay.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.