The Student Room Group

Economics @ Top University no FM

Hi everyone

I'm looking to apply to Oxford, LSE, UCL, Bath and Warwick for Economics.

I studied maths, physics, chemistry and economics at AS level, averaged 93% on maths, 91% on physics, 91% chemistry (raw marks). I got 4 As therefore.

I'm predicted 3A* for A level in Maths, physics and economics. Paired with a strong personal statement, and achieving a gold certificate in the senior maths challenge, do you think I'd stand a good chance of getting in to the above mentioned universities without further maths?

FM is offered at my school but i only decided on economics at the end of year 12 so it was too late to pick up.

I got 8A*, A and B at GCSE.

Thanks
Original post by conradliebers
Hi everyone

I studied maths, physics, chemistry and economics at AS level, averaged 93% on maths, 91% on physics, 91% chemistry (raw marks). I got 4 As therefore.

I'm predicted 3A* for A level in Maths, physics and economics. Paired with a strong personal statement, and achieving a gold certificate in the senior maths challenge, do you think I'd stand a good chance of getting in to the above mentioned universities without further maths?

FM is offered at my school but i only decided on economics at the end of year 12 so it was too late to pick up.

Thanks

none of those universities require further maths, you'll be fine.
Hi there. Lse say on their website that they regard FM as desirable as a fourth A level. Many schools don't offer FM so it is never officially required.
Original post by conradliebers
Hi everyone

Thanks

To be honest, I think LSE is a bit of a long shot. Everyone I’ve met here doing economics did further maths A-level, and they say it’s an unwritten rule that you have to have it. A lot of them are struggling with the work anyway, and say that there’s no way someone who didn’t do FM would be able to cope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending