Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone worked as a Sales Executive and could answer some brief questions ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've recently secured an interview working as a sales executive for a leading business which offers healthcare related services (trying not to make it too obvious a state employees are surprisingly savvy these days). The job application doesn't make it that obvious what's you're doing but I can put two and two together and it looks like my job is to maximise memberships.

It says up to 18k 24k OTE,. Questions - does this mean it's purely commission and I receive no base pay ?

I know Sales can be tough but perhaps I will give it a month and see how I feel. I'm quite a confidential driven guy and have done things like Sales before but now at a time when I'm paying my own rent and stuff it adds extra risk.

I've also secured an interview at a bar as a full time bartender on 7.50, probably less hard work but probably less salary too.

If you were in my position would you rather play it safe ? Any opinions are awesome, thanks. Neither are particularly jobs I want to do in the future but basically Im taking a year out of study and need to get a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woeful)
    It says up to 18k 24k OTE,. Questions - does this mean it's purely commission and I receive no base pay ?
    Your basic pay would be £18,000 per annum, with on-target earnings of £24,000 pa, so £6,000 in commission of you achieve your target. You should ask if there is a cap at this point, or if there is a multiplier for over-target earnings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Your basic pay would be £18,000 per annum, with on-target earnings of £24,000 pa, so £6,000 in commission of you achieve your target. You should ask if there is a cap at this point, or if there is a multiplier for over-target earnings.
    Are you sure ? I'm just wondering as the wording in the job description specifically says "up to" 18k, so I'm worried there is no definite salary. if that's true that's awesome and I'd definitely lean towards working for the gym, there is no mention of it being uncapped so I'm assuming it might be as it seems it's more commercial sales than cut throat sales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woeful)
    Are you sure ? I'm just wondering as the wording in the job description specifically says "up to" 18k, so I'm worried there is no definite salary. if that's true that's awesome and I'd definitely lean towards working for the gym, there is no mention of it being uncapped so I'm assuming it might be as it seems it's more commercial sales than cut throat sales.
    Well, up to means you may get less.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.