The Student Room Group

Stress with work

So my school has allowed me to balance two subjects, French and music, because they both were in the same column so to speak. So, week 1 on my timetable I have 2 hours of French, with 2 hours free time to work on french independently.
Then, in my week 2 timetable, I have 2 hours of music, with 2 hours free time to work on music independently.

Fortunately, I have a student teacher coming to tutor me up until Christmas for one of my free french lessons, therefore I'm actually recieving 3/4 of French (up until christmas, though).

In addition, I am having a 1 on 1 with the head of my music department for one of my free lessons too, therefore I'm also having 3/4 of music.

Already I begin to feel stressed as I am behind in French and I feel like I'm missing out from the lesson. Of course, I'm in year 10, so the real work hasn't exactly begun between the two.

I'm trying my best to work independently and to teach myself at home when I feel like it.

Should I stop this, or should it not be too hard?
I'm aiming for A / A* in both subjects and I'm already doubting I'll receive that level, but it might be me panicking over nothing.

Thanks a lot for any response.
I may have misinterpreted the question, but are you saying that you have taken an extra subject than everyone else?

Or that you have the same amount of subjects, but two were in the same option block?
Reply 2
I'm taking the same amount of subjects but the two were in the same block yeah. Sorry I didn't explain it in the best way.
Reply 3
Original post by BailsBach
I'm taking the same amount of subjects but the two were in the same block yeah. Sorry I didn't explain it in the best way.

What are other people doing? It would help if you gave more detail about the number of GCSEs you're taking.

Having 2 hrs free time each week seems very useful for managing your workload.
Original post by BailsBach
So my school has allowed me to balance two subjects, French and music, because they both were in the same column so to speak. So, week 1 on my timetable I have 2 hours of French, with 2 hours free time to work on french independently.
Then, in my week 2 timetable, I have 2 hours of music, with 2 hours free time to work on music independently.

Fortunately, I have a student teacher coming to tutor me up until Christmas for one of my free french lessons, therefore I'm actually recieving 3/4 of French (up until christmas, though).

In addition, I am having a 1 on 1 with the head of my music department for one of my free lessons too, therefore I'm also having 3/4 of music.

Already I begin to feel stressed as I am behind in French and I feel like I'm missing out from the lesson. Of course, I'm in year 10, so the real work hasn't exactly begun between the two.

I'm trying my best to work independently and to teach myself at home when I feel like it.

Should I stop this, or should it not be too hard?
I'm aiming for A / A* in both subjects and I'm already doubting I'll receive that level, but it might be me panicking over nothing.

Thanks a lot for any response.

Sorry if this isn't the response you want - but if it isn't too late, swap it. GCSEs are the hardest thing you've had to deal with so far - and there are a LOT of them! This arrangements is just going to add more stress. Unless you want to study french music or something when you are older, then I would drop one. (and french is a better life skill... just saying)

Hope this helps! xo
Reply 5
I'm not sure whether I want to drop one... because there's nothing else that I really fancy doing. :P
Problem is that I'm panicking over stress I haven't even had yet and worrying about my levels a year before I take any exams!

Quick Reply

Latest