Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

One Models-are they professionals? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I applied on few modelling sites and they all contacted me today. One Models called me and said that if I am coming on the appointment I need to pay 50 pounds and that deposit is refundable. I paid to them for this Saturday in London. Another agency has contacted me and said that One Models is fake agency and that I will need to pay them 500 pounds for portofolio, but this agency requires 300 pounds refundable deposit and they will make me portofolio and a training with one famous model. Now I don't know what to do...any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senea94)
    Hi!
    I applied on few modelling sites and they all contacted me today. One Models called me and said that if I am coming on the appointment I need to pay 50 pounds and that deposit is refundable. I paid to them for this Saturday in London. Another agency has contacted me and said that One Models is fake agency and that I will need to pay them 500 pounds for portofolio, but this agency requires 300 pounds refundable deposit and they will make me portofolio and a training with one famous model. Now I don't know what to do...any advice?
    Yeah be very careful with this sort of thing. To me both sound like scams.

Just going on websites is not a credible way of deeming whether an organisation is genuine or not. Usually one has personal experience with a friend or someone they know well that has been employed by an organisation before they would be willing to invest money into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xylas)
    Yeah be very careful with this sort of thing. To me both sound like scams.

Just going on websites is not a credible way of deeming whether an organisation is genuine or not. Usually one has personal experience with a friend or someone they know well that has been employed by an organisation before they would be willing to invest money into it.
    Yes, I understand. It's just when I see all these sites, I don't know which one is professional or scam. The second agency also sent me a link of the company they work with and a portofolio of a model which should be working with me. That sounds little bit more professional, but I really don't know...

ReputationRep:
    Call the police because the first 'agency' has scammed you. How did you pay? If by card call your bank and get a refund.

ReputationRep:
    I paid with card. Who should I call first?
    And what with another agency?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I understand. It's just when I see all these sites, I don't know which one is professional or scam. The second agency also sent me a link of the company they work with and a portofolio of a model which should be working with me. That sounds little bit more professional, but I really don't know...
    Please reread my post. Trying to work out whether it is a scam or not can not be done by looking at the websites (and definitely not by communication with them).

This is why you must always assume it is a scam until you have a credible guarantee by someone you know well (not from the company).

ReputationRep:
    I paid with card. Who should I call first?
    And what with another agency?
    Never pay a company to work for them. If they are that sure they can get you gigs then tell them to deduct their fees from your first pay cheque

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I understood. Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    I applied for One Models and a woman called me and explained I was chosen to go in for a photoshoot, she then sent me an email saying what to do and that I'd have to pay £55 deposit and id get it back when I attended, my mum

ReputationRep:
    One Models asked for £55 deposit which id get back once ive attended the photoshoot any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah most modelling agencies that you apply for online are scams (happened to me back in 2015). Just don’t go there. I never got a refund or anything.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I applied as well.But I'm scared now after I see all coments. So can you tell me what's happend on the and?Have you been there?Are they returt your money?

ReputationRep:
    i havent been there, like you ive read the comments and thought twice, just want nore information

ReputationRep:
    I brought my 18 year old daughter To one models in London and the black guy addy he goes by was so rude he actually Tryed to sell my daughter pictures of herself when I told my daughter there’s no garentee you will get work off them pictures he replied there’s no garentee you will leave here alive I flew from Ireland with my daughter and even the makeup artist are dirty and use dirty products they should all be arrested in my opinion but I have been I. Touch with the modeling acosation in Ireland and they said there in talks with solicitors over one models trade marking I hope someone sees this and cancel any apoiment they have with ONE MODELS SCAMMERS

ReputationRep:
    I saw them recently and they sent me to this Oxy studio to take 'test shoots'. Promised the world to me as long as I spend 100s of pounds on the day and buy the portfolio of their mediorcre photos. Girls please avoid 'One Models' and their companion 'Oxy Studio'- they are a scam! I've met those types of agencies before. I have a few model friends and know a bit about the industry. If a model agency is interested they will never ever make you pay for photos! This is why they send you to 'Oxy Studio'- photographic studio. If you want amazing photos done, you can do that with famous photographers and it will be even cheaper and truly amazing looking!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for this. I was called and asked to pay the £55 refundable deposit. I told them I would call them back. Checked here and have blocked their number from my phone.

ReputationRep:
    I read these comments on Monday and got very scared as i was going to an audition , i went on Tuesday. I went in just thinking it was not legit after reading here. I had to do loads of different pictures, i even had to go outside in the rain . I was not offered my picture's though, is this normal? I was going to buy one pic just to have but I was not offered any, has this happened anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately these sort of companies are a scam I have worked previously at one models and another company before. also one models and oxy is the same company. we are given 15-20 leads a day to call we will tell you that you have potentialin modelling even though you may not. when you come in for a photoshoot then you will be told you passed and be asked to spend thousands on worthless portfolios which we bookers get comisson from. if you have potential in modelling apply for storm, select real agencies if you get in then they wont ask you to pay for a portfolio they will pay for it themselves any company that asks you to come in for audition with the aim of buying portfolios should raise flags the model company and studio are the same company. these sort of companies like to distance themselves from the studio but don't be fooled they are the same company. im probably gonna get in trouble for commenting on here but if I can stop some people from coming in and wasting their money that will be great

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for writing about them my daughter arranged everything I didn’t know there was any money other than the 50 pound deposit you get back but it was a horrible experience addey the black guy that will try talk you into signing a contract for a payment plan if you don’t have the money in my case it was 900 and something sterling lucky I coped on it was a scam he tried getting my daughter to buy 4 pictures I didn’t have 900 sterling and after I explained to my daughter those pictures won’t grantee you will get work off them he replied with there’s no garuntee you will leave here alive 😱. I’m Irish I don’t stand for these kind of comments I went mad and then they put us out I had meet people there and got one number she had the same experience I did email the model associaten in Ireland and they said there on to them for trade marking hopefully they will stop it’s not nice my daughter does not want to be a model anymore and it’s because off onemodels they keep blocking me from Instagram and talking down my scammers comments thank you again for your comment 🙏🏻

ReputationRep:
    You are doing this all the wrong way, you need to find an independent modelling photographer to work a portfollio together. I know some, but costs anywhere up to 500 quid.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.