Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ukcat average was 652.5 band 3 and my gcse grades were 5A*, 6A and 2B, i've always wanted to go to Kings but i don't know if i should apply or not after the ukcat grade came out. My AS levels were AAABB

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siimiivb)
    Ukcat average was 652.5 band 3 and my gcse grades were 5A*, 6A and 2B, i've always wanted to go to Kings but i don't know if i should apply or not after the ukcat grade came out. My AS levels were AAABB
    I'd advise against it, both your UKCAT and GCSEs are on the lower side for King's unfortunately, and they generally don't invite people with band 3 to interview unless their actual UKCAT score is very very high.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the genuine advice, are there any other schools I could apply to with these grades?
    (Original post by mosam00)
    I'd advise against it, both your UKCAT and GCSEs are on the lower side for King's unfortunately, and they generally don't invite people with band 3 to interview unless their actual UKCAT score is very very high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siimiivb)
    Thank you for the genuine advice, are there any other schools I could apply to with these grades?
    You would've just met the cut-off for St. George's last year, which was 650, and they don't take into account SJT. Your GCSEs are comfortably above their cut-off however, which is always 8 As. You could apply to Liverpool as well, they score A*s and As the same, and you should meet their UKCAT cut-off, HOWEVER, I do not know exactly how they use the SJT, and also they assess your PS afterwards. Look at UEA too, they take into account UKCAT, GCSEs and predictions, although I am not entirely clear what kind of stats are competitive for them, and I think they look at SJT after interview, but I'm not sure. I'd advise you to stalk last year's UEA thread and see what kind of stats people who got interviews had. Southampton's cut-off has apparently ranged from 640-700 for the UKCAT, and they don't look at SJT, so you could look at them. You could also score yourself on Leicester's scoring document, if you get around 55-56/64, you could apply there, although interview isn't certain and they use SJT after interview as a virtual MMI station. I'd advise you to ask in the mega 'Which medical school I should apply to' thread however, cuz there are people who know a lot more than me, I'm also applying this year and only know some things when researching medical schools which would be best for me lol.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. Can you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.