Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! So I’m planning to apply to the UK as well to study starting next year which mean I’ll have to apply by January.
    My question is, once I’ve made my choice replied to the unis and chosen where I’m going, is it possible that I can decline it later on? Because what if I change my mind or decide to do to another country or something like that but I’ve already accepted the unis offer.
    Is it still possible that I can cancel?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciestudent00)
    Hi guys! So I’m planning to apply to the UK as well to study starting next year which mean I’ll have to apply by January.
    My question is, once I’ve made my choice replied to the unis and chosen where I’m going, is it possible that I can decline it later on? Because what if I change my mind or decide to do to another country or something like that but I’ve already accepted the unis offer.
    Of course you can cancel, thousands of students do it every single year. They can't force you to go to their university...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Of course you can cancel, thousands of students do it every single year. They can't force you to go to their university...
    Oh well I’m new to this and have no idea what’s going on hahah thanks but its still okay to cancel after results day?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well I’m new to this and have no idea what’s going on hahah thanks but its still okay to cancel after results day?
    Yes that's what thousands of people do after results day every year.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's what thousands of people do.
    Okay thankss!
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    After results day, more difficult, but easy before

ReputationRep:
    I declined like 2 weeks before I was meant to go. I just filled out a form online and rang up UCAS. Took max 10 mins overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    After results day, more difficult, but easy before
    What are they going to do if you decline after results day? They can't drag you to their university, they'll just be annoyed at you. They can't do anything at all except maybe potentially blacklist you from applying there in the future (if that can even happen). As for Student Finance you can just call them and say you're not going any more.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What are they going to do if you decline after results day? They can't drag you to their university, they'll just be annoyed at you. They can't do anything at all except maybe potentially blacklist you from applying there in the future (if that can even happen). As for Student Finance you can just call them and say you're not going any more.
    Make your life difficult, as they will probably think you want to go to Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
    Make your life difficult, as they will probably think you want to go to Clearing.
    Does that actually matter? If you're not going anywhere you're not going anywhere, it doesn't matter whether they release you or not as at that point you couldn't care less. Just call Student Finance, tell them you're not going anywhere and that's it, never look at your UCAS application from that cycle again. The university can do whatever they want and it won't matter if you've completely changed your mind about going to university, as the OP states.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.