The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* LNAT Discussions for 2019 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K.bower
No, as that's around what top Russell group unis want. HOWEVER, the book is easier than the real thing. So your school may not be as representative. If you want to get a more accurate idea of how you would do in the real thing, I suggest that you go on the lnat website and do one of the official practice tests.

It's below what they want.
Original post by Notoriety
It's below what they want.

No it isn't. Bristol, Nottingham, and others want around 25+. The only uni that will really turn you down with that score is Oxford
It is out of 42 and very few students actually even get above 39 so I don't really understand what you expect anyone to get. Unless you've done the LNAT and gotten 40 and above I really don't think you should be speaking on the subject.
Original post by K.bower
No it isn't. Bristol, Nottingham, and others want around 25+. The only uni that will really turn you down with that score is Oxford

Original post by K.bower
It is out of 42 and very few students actually even get above 39 so I don't really understand what you expect anyone to get. Unless you've done the LNAT and gotten 40 and above I really don't think you should be speaking on the subject.

You're 17. Take your own advice.
You're 17. Take your own advice.

I've done the LNAT so your point is invalid.
Original post by K.bower
I've done the LNAT so your point is invalid.

And have you got into all but Oxford with a score of 24?

Nah.
On any sensible interpretation of 'very few', it is true that 'very few students get above 39'. Above 35, even.
Original post by Estreth
On any sensible interpretation of 'very few', it is true that 'very few students get above 39'. Above 35, even.

That point was made sardonically.
the mark sheppard book is a lot easier, and most get 30+, but it's your first paper. you develop more and more skills. I wouldn't worry.
n/a
(edited 5 years ago)
Standard caution of realising that you're new to law and that your understanding of law at this stage is superficial. I would only really try to make legal arguments if you are incredibly familiar with the law or you'll end up doing yourself a disservice.

To really answer this question, I would go from basic first principles and then make arguments from there. I think there is a temptation to show how much knowledge you have, but that doesn't show your skills at argumentation and logic.
(edited 5 years ago)
how did it go?:smile:
Original post by anonymous1231231
how did it go?:smile:

Thanks for asking! It wasn't that bad, I got through all the MCQ but you can never really know how you did with those. My essay was pretty solid, I chose a question about the preservation of the environment.
Original post by anasadam
Thanks for asking! It wasn't that bad, I got through all the MCQ but you can never really know how you did with those. My essay was pretty solid, I chose a question about the preservation of the environment.

yeah that is the terrifying bit - we never really know until feb...
really? how many questions were there - 3 or 5? what did u write?
Just received an acknowlegement letter from Nottingham - they are saying that if my Lnat result is high enough, I might receive an offer in the next 4 weeks - do you know whats their Lnat cut off point to receive an early offer?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by polzovatel1
Just received an acknowlegement letter from Nottingham - they are saying that if my Lnat result is high enough, I might receive an offer in the next 4 weeks - do you know whats their Lnat cut off point to receive an early offer?

It seems last year a rough cut off would have been 22. It isnt written in stone though.

If they say you might it isnt a guarantee so dont rely on it.
I agree with Notoriety's comment. In your penultimate paragraph you try to refer specifically to the law but what you say makes very little sense. There is no Article 2 of the Human Rights Act (you're confusing the Human Rights Act 1998 with the European Convention on Human Rights), and Art 2 of the Convention in any case doesn't include, as you seem to suggest, some definitive list of acts that count as 'taking away life'. And of course, the question asks you when abortion should be lawful - so the current legal position is not really relevant anyway.

For the rest, you make some good points and have some useful illustrations but the whole thing is rather lacking in structure. You need to explain at the outset what exactly you're going to argue, and then make it clear in each paragraph how the point you make or the example you refer to advances your argument.
0/10 if you submit this essay for a grade you may get "plagiarism" issues since we are quite anon on TSR yee

not sure you can take the case to court :colone:

EDIT: yea this is actually a mock so should be fine
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
It seems last year a rough cut off would have been 22. It isnt written in stone though.

If they say you might it isnt a guarantee so dont rely on it.

They said a couple years ago, I believe, that the lowest they took was 22. It is not clear if this low score was an exception to a normal cut off, say in the mid 20s.

The OP seems to be asking about a fast-track offer and what the LNAT for that was. If we don't know it for offers overall, we certainly don't know it for a niche offer scheme.

Question without any clear answers, which is why I ignored the thread.
They said a couple years ago, I believe, that the lowest they took was 22. It is not clear if this low score was an exception to a normal cut off, say in the mid 20s.

The OP seems to be asking about a fast-track offer and what the LNAT for that was. If we don't know it for offers overall, we certainly don't know it for a niche offer scheme.

Question without any clear answers, which is why I ignored the thread.

It says it was not the lowest, when I read it. hence I said rough cut off to allow for the small number that may be below that.
I dont take conversations seriously where someone says maybe hence I pointed out its unreliability.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending