Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I find out if this clutch will fit my car ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Car - 57 Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTI.

Preparing to replace clutch as displaying symptoms such as vibrating clutch pedal, rattling e.yt.c., common on these cars for clutches.

Somebody sold me a clutch kit said it is brand new. That the car it was for was written off so was not fitted. He said ti was for a 1.9 CDTI for the f 40 gearbox. I also have same engine and gearbox.

When I looked at the kit after unwrapping it ( was not in original box, was taped up when given to me ) I notice the clutch components were LUK but Flywheel was Sachs.

Anyway I found what looked to be the same flywheel on the internet and on checking online it showed not compatible despite being for 1.9 CDTI and F40 gearbox, but I found another that also looks the same and says it is compatible.

then I realized one is for the 16 V engine and the other for a 8 Valve engine.

Is there any way for me to check the fitting is correct ?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    OMG what are you doing to your car? You have ao many threads on parts of your car, hope it goes well buddy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    OMG what are you doing to your car? You have ao many threads on parts of your car, hope it goes well buddy.
    ????

I have hardly posted much about this car. in fact It's just passed it's MOT and only costed £50 to put through on little things. been a good runner but clutches are wear and tear, however once replaced I can rest assure It shall not want doing again during my ownership

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cleverboy1991)
    ????

I have hardly posted much about this car. in fact It's just passed it's MOT and only costed £50 to put through on little things. been a good runner but clutches are wear and tear, however once replaced I can rest assure It shall not want doing again during my ownership
    👍 great

ReputationRep:
    👍 great
    quick question.

is a clutch release bearing the same as a slave cylinder ?

ReputationRep:
    quick question.

On some cars

ReputationRep:
    On some cars
    what about on the vectra c 1.9 CDTI ?

and would it be a problem is flywheel is Sachs but clutch kit is LUK ?

ReputationRep:
    what about on the vectra c 1.9 CDTI ?

and would it be a problem is flywheel is Sachs but clutch kit is LUK ?
    I think so to firat question
    Idk I mean I'm just googling for you. Idk these things

ReputationRep:
    I think so to firat question
    Idk I mean I'm just googling for you. Idk these things
    he told me it was all brand new, but why would the clutch kit be a different brand than the flywheel, unless the person who bought the parts bought them separate ?

ALso if the flywheel doesn't fit the gearbox would it fit if I change the gearbox ?

ReputationRep:
    quick question.

No. Not even remotely the same.

You may not need to replace the flywheel in any case. With regards to fitment, you really need some advice from people who know the Vauxhall engines, look for an owners' forum.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.