Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So I've been looking at some potential choices and I've been wondering what is the perfect course length. 3 years, 4 years or 5??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Texxers)
    So I've been looking at some potential choices and I've been wondering what is the perfect course length. 3 years, 4 years or 5??
    Are you talking about BEng, MEng, degrees with placement years, or what?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Smack)
    Are you talking about BEng, MEng, degrees with placement years, or what?
    Just in general. I've already put down a mixture but regardless of the type of course, what is the optimum number of years to stay in a uni is what I'm asking.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not see why that's a meaningless question?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you want to do - that's why there are different lengths! If you're not sure, I'd go with 3 years first and then you can always decide to do more afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sint)
    It depends on what you want to do - that's why there are different lengths! If you're not sure, I'd go with 3 years first and then you can always decide to do more afterwards.
    Actually, it's usually easier to drop down from an MEng to a BEng.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Texxers)
    Just in general. I've already put down a mixture but regardless of the type of course, what is the optimum number of years to stay in a uni is what I'm asking.
    The optimum number of years depends on the qualification you want to achieve.

It is what it is. If you want a MEng it takes 4 years. If you want to add a YINI then it's 5. If you just want a BEng without YINi then it's 3.

What do *you* want?

And as noted it's easier to apply for the "longer" course and then drop down if you decide you want to stop sooner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.